in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2008 8:35 AM by twadle. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2008 4:37 AM

Beocenter Overature Doors

I just got replacement glass doors for the Beocenter Overature that I'm restoring. I notice that when the doors are in closed position there is a slightly larger than normal gap that makes the unit look a bit unnatural. It gap is about 1/8th of an inch wide.

I checked the manual online here but could not find any references to adjustments to get the doors to close closer to each other.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Derek

• 08-01-2008 7:18 AM In reply to

• twadle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berkshire, UK
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter Overature Doors

Hi Derek,

I have completed a similar operation with a 3000. I involves removing the rear cover, locating the pully wire brackets (one top, one bottom, a tourch is helpful) and the 2 screws on eachand, I cannot stress the need to loosen these, carefully, just enough to allow the doors to be moved together and re-tightened on the 'new' wire position .The Service manual for the 3000 is available on this site.

If you do not feel 'DIY sufficent' take to your local B&o.

I hope this helps.

Phil

Thanks, Phil

• 08-01-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

Phil:

Thanks for your reply. I do have the service manual from this site. Where does it explain the procedure for this adjustment?

I know which screws you are talking about. The ones on the top rail are easier to get at. How do I adjust the bottom ones? Do I need to remove the string?

Also do I need to make adjustments to all for brackets that hold the door in place?

Thanks,

Derek

• 08-03-2008 11:27 AM In reply to

Hi Derek,

You need to remove the electronic pack to get at the bottom door carriage adjustment. With only 3mm or so gap I would probably leave it alone but if you feel the need then I would only adjust one door. To maintain a uniform gap it is usual to adjust top and bottom door carriers.

On the several times that I have fitted new doors, the gap seems to be wider with the replacements doors fitted. I believe that later models of these machines have rubber buffers in the centre of the carriage slides (as do replacement slides) and new doors are manufactured to achieve a slightly wider gap to take these buffers into account. If that is not the answer, it is indeed strange that the gap grows every time I fit new doors!

This is a bit of a balls aching job and you will probably regret starting it for the sake of a 3mm gap!!

Regards Graham

• 08-04-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

Hi Graham:

Thanks for your reply!

Your describe my scenario precisely. I dove into it this weekend and it was an annoying process. It took me a good hour to get everything the way I wanted it!

Derek

• 08-05-2008 8:35 AM In reply to

• twadle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berkshire, UK
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

Hi Derek,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was away this weekend. I'm pleased that Graham has come to your rescue, as he helped me through my experience!

It's a job, once mastered you never want to do again!

Phil

Thanks, Phil

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)