in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-24-2008 6:11 PM by Sal. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-31-2008 10:05 PM

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

It's been a LONG time... (Beovision 8 thread)

Hi everyone, I have missed the posts and camaraderie here...

I'm still thinking of a BV8, but I was curious how to integrate it into my setup, if and when I do get it.

Currently I have a BS9000, connected to a BL2, and a pair of BL3s.

I'd ideally like to ML the BS9K to the BV8, if I do this, is it possible to use the BL3s and the BL2, with BOTH the television (which only has one PL out), and the BS9K?

I don't want to have the Beolab 2 as an orphan when watching television.

Thanks!

(by the way, I have plenty of ML cables, PL splitters, ML junction boxes, etc, too much B & O sitting unused)

Thanks,

Sal 

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 07-31-2008 10:16 PM In reply to

Re: It's been a LONG time... (Beovision 8 thread)

I have the same setup. Well I have a BC2 on top and the BS9000 is connected through AUX in to the BC2.

You have to connect the BL3 to the BL2, and then connect BL2 to the BV8. The BS9000 would be connected through ML to the BV8.

When you watch TV, by default it will use BL3/BL2 and the integrated speaker. But you can change teh speaker option only to use the BL3 BL2 or the internal speaker. This is important for music videos in my opinion. For audio only it switches automatically to the BL3/BL2 combination. I don't think you can use the BV8 integrated speaker for that in this setup neither do I think you would.

The only gripe I have with this setup is, that when I insert a CD it starts playing but there is a slight delay before the speaker switch on. Software glitch which when I find the time I like to take up with my dealer. It might already be fixed by now. I saw a comment in the BS3 release indicating a similar issue.

You can also connect the BL3/BL2 straight to the BL9000 and use them for TV watching through Link TV or some other remote combination. That way I think it is possible to even use the BV8 internal speaker when listening to Music. Not sure how your setup is arranged, mine is all on a small shelf with the BL3 left and right of the TV. 

I am very happy with it, sofar I don't see an issue with the limited connectionoptions neither do I miss surround. Picture is very good with Apple TV and BC2. I am not using cable,

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 08-20-2008 3:15 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the info... After spending a little more time in the forums, I am reading speculation of a 40" BV8 in the works (maybe X-Mas time????) Geez, I already made good with my wife in that she's okay with a BV8, now to push the limits with the prospect of a 40" version... man oh man.

I don't really care for surround sound, as we live in a condo, and we can't really be all that loud and have to respect our neighbors, so for the moment, the lack of a surround module doesn't bother me.

I'll definitely pay extra for the ML module along with an additional Video input... did you have to get SCART adapters? Or does the US version not have SCART.

And finally, what stand did you go with? Just curious.

Thanks,Sal

• 08-20-2008 10:59 PM In reply to

http://www.dwr.com/product/categories/storage/credenzas+-+sideboards/sussex-low-console-3-drawers.do

I use this one. I didn't like the stand from B&O too much. I would think they may come up with a different version for the 40".

The US version has scart. I use it to connect my BC2. I also got some other scart cables thrown in. All I have connected right now is an Apple TV through HDMI, the BC2 through scart and ML and a Wii through Svideo.

The surround I don't miss much, I am on a condo as well. I do have the BL2 though - apparently the building is soundproofed for home cinemas.

If you have the space, I would take a close look at the 40". It is rumored to have a chassis with more HDMI connections.  For me, 32" was already too big when I bought it even though now I think now it has the perfect size. Somebody said, you get used a large TV in a room after a while and thats true.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 08-24-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Quick question... Does anyone know if the Beovision 8 plays nicely with a TiVO HD? Is it in the list of compatible STBs for the US Model?

Thanks!

Plus... anyone know how much the $ will increase in September for the BV8?

-Sal 

• 08-24-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

Sal,

The BeoVision 8 plays nicely with TiVO HD, but some of our clients have had unrelated cable-card issues. If you haven't had these you should be fine.

As for the price increase, it doesn't affect the BeoVision 8 that much. Maybe $100 or so at the most.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 08-24-2008 6:11 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the info... I haven't had any CCard issues with the TivoHD (no cable card installed!)...

Well, my wife and I may be deciding which B&O store to go to next weekend!

Too bad Indianapolis doesn't have a B & O store anymore, and the one I was familiar with in Chicago has now changed owners. It'll be a new experience whether we go to Columbus OH, or Chi-town.

Sal 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)