in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2007 2:18 AM by Calvin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2007 6:44 PM

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

Serene 2 ?

Is there any info on Serene 2 and what will be updated / improved ?

• 05-10-2007 6:46 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Serene 2 ?

never heard of a serene 2. The serene is out for only one year and a half now. I think we have to wait.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-10-2007 7:08 PM In reply to

The last I heard it was to have some kind of music functionality to appeal to the younger clients.

I really hope this is not the case as this is something that I really don't want from a mobile phone. All it needs to do is make calls, send text messages and access WAP for the odd train time or news report. They should really consider dropping the camera as well whilst they are at it. The current Serene is very close it is just missing a couple of killer features like iSync support.

Nicholas
  • 05-10-2007 7:11 PM In reply to

And here is the endgadet mobile article:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/09/09/samsung-bando-planning-serene-ii/

Nicholas
  • 05-11-2007 2:18 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Well I certainly havn't had mine a year. If I remember, it was nearer then end of May last year that mine *finally* arrived. What would I want from a new phone though? Not an mp3 player anyway, I already have a BS2 for that and it's much better quality than any "extra" could be.

I would like a higher resolution camera though, the resolution on the Serene is pretty poor, even if it's only designed for taking stuff once in a blue moon.

I've personally never understood what the supposed 'difficulty' with the curent one is though. People seem to think you have to stand side on and at a weirdd angle to take shots. You don't though! just stand facing the way you want to shoot and hold the Serene with the screen facing up, so you're looking down onto it. It's really discreet and I actually prefer it to most other phone cameras which make it obvious you're taking a photo.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)