in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-01-2008 1:45 PM by magnushj. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2008 3:34 PM

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Avant 28 (curved screen) picture problem

Hi guys!

I have another challenge for you. [:-)] With your help the stand is now working perfectly.

What is bothering me with the set now is that the picture is slightly curved on the top-right part. When i zoom the picture (with Format-theonethatzooms), the curving is more visible.

Above is a simple illustration of the problem.

Any ideas? I can't find the service manual for the curved screen avant, only the RF.

Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
  • 07-29-2008 3:04 AM In reply to

Re: Avant 28 (curved screen) picture problem

In your picture you show the problem at the top half of the right hand side only, is this really the only place the problem shows up ?

Also, where the problem occurs, do you get "Colour Mis-match" in other words with Black & White bars as shown, do you also see some colour around the problem area, if so then you may need to have your tube manually degaussed. Assuming this fault has only recently occurred, then it could also mean that your automatic degaussing is not working. When you first switch the TV on do you hear a sudden hiss for a second after switching on, then this is the degaussing working, if you do not hear it, then this could be your problem.

If the problem is the degaussing circuit, then the problem can be quickly fixed, but to be sure we need to understand more about the "Problem Statement"

Regards Keith....

• 07-29-2008 4:09 AM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Thanks for your input, Keith!

The curving is getting gradually less and less apparent from right to left. I drew up the black bars to illustrate how the picture looked when i display 4:3-content on my xbox.

I bought the tv earlier this year, and i think the problem has been there all the time, I just haven't noticed it before recently. There is no color mismatch as far as I can tell. Just the curving.

I cant remember hearing a hiss. I have to wait until friday before I can find out. I'm in the middle of moving to a new appartment and the avant is in storage.

Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
  • 08-01-2008 1:45 PM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

I'm not sure if i can hear a hiss when i turn it on. Theres a "booong" sound and then just the normal crt sound. Very loud crt-sound, but it has been like that ever since I got it. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)