in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-08-2008 9:33 PM by beobuff. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2008 4:13 PM

Beolink Wireless 1 Timer Function

Has anyone managed to get the timer function on the Beolink Wireless 1 to function? I have two of these units linked to a Beosystem 3, but can't get the timer function to work on either of them. The timer function works just fine on the Beosystem 3 itself.
  • 10-07-2008 7:53 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink Wireless 1 Timer Function

Is it possible to use timer play function on B&O speakers in a linked room with a Beolink Wireless 1. Or doesn'it work only via masterlink connection ?
  • 10-07-2008 8:25 PM In reply to

I didn't get any replies to my original question on this forum. I also contacted Bang & Olufsen America, they had no idea why the timer function on the wireless units didn't work, but said they would contact Struer and then get back to me. Predictably, they did neither.
    I finally contacted customer service in Struer myself, and they suggested that I check to see if my three Beolink Wireless 1 units all had the latest software version. Unfortunately, there is no way for the end user to check which software version was installed at the factory, as it is not listed on the units or shipping cartons; it can only be determined by a serviceman using the software installation tool.
    I had the local B&O service tech check the software version the next time he came around for the latest round of software upgrades for my BS3, BV7, and BV8. Sure enough, all three of my wireless units had the old original software version, even though they were purchased quite recently. Apparently BOA is shipping old product from their warehouse; neither they nor the dealer are bothering to upgrade the units before delivery.
    The good news is that, after upgrading all three BL Wireless 1 units, rebooting, and resyncing them, the timer function now works on the two Beolink Wireless 1 receiver units, as well as on a BS3500 that is ML hard-wired to the main system. An unexpected bonus is that it is not necessary to activate the timer on the Beosystem 3 menu in order to have it function on the link systems. The timer on-off menu setting on the BS3 affects only the main room speakers connected to the BS3; the link systems use the timers programmed in the main system, but are activated independently from the main system, either manually by touching the remote IR sensor timer button or else via the appropriate Beo4 commands. None of this is explained in the manuals with any of the components, by the way.
    The bad news is that the software upgrades for the BS3, BV7, & BV8 still didn't remedy most of the problems in those units. So what else is new?
  • 10-08-2008 1:44 PM In reply to

Thanks for your quick answer. The timer play function doesn't seem to interest a lot of people. I asked my B&O local dealer this afternoon and he called B&O France technical service. I've got 5 wireless (one transmitting, two connected to  2 beolab 3500, one to beolab 4000 and the last to a beolink passive and passive speakers. The main system is a BV7 connected to a BS 3000 and to a BV avant via masterlink.

They suggested first to switch off the wireless connected to the 2 beolab 3500 and to try if it worked.

It doesn't work with the beolab 4000 or with the passive.

The second suggestion was after the first test, to upgrade  the soft. I'll do that like you made.

What I don't know is if type of connection between the wireless and the speaker is important  (I have powerlink full wired between wireless and speakers or beolink passive and not masterlink)

• 10-08-2008 2:05 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

TVigier:

The timer play function doesn't seem to interest a lot of people.

I am interested, but I do not know anything about the Wireless.

I am using the timer every morning (Hardwired a BS9000 to a MCL/ML converter and from that to a MCL-2AV where I have a pair of BL4500 connected.) Some day when I only have Labs around my flat, I will like to use the wireless, so I am happy to hear the timer works! Smile

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 10-08-2008 9:33 PM In reply to

TVigier:

Thanks for your quick answer. The timer play function doesn't seem to interest a lot of people. I asked my B&O local dealer this afternoon and he called B&O France technical service. I've got 5 wireless (one transmitting, two connected to  2 beolab 3500, one to beolab 4000 and the last to a beolink passive and passive speakers. The main system is a BV7 connected to a BS 3000 and to a BV avant via masterlink.

They suggested first to switch off the wireless connected to the 2 beolab 3500 and to try if it worked.

It doesn't work with the beolab 4000 or with the passive.

The second suggestion was after the first test, to upgrade  the soft. I'll do that like you made.

What I don't know is if type of connection between the wireless and the speaker is important  (I have powerlink full wired between wireless and speakers or beolink passive and not masterlink)

If I recall correctly, the original software version was 1.1 and the new version is 2.1 -- there has only been one software upgrade for the Beolink Wireless 1. The software has to be the same version on all BL Wireless 1 units in the system, i.e., the transmitter unit and all of the receiver units, otherwise they will not work properly. Also, after upgrading the software in each unit, it is necessary to reboot the unit by powering it off and then on again, after which you must reset each unit to the factory default setting (no connection) by pressing the connection button until the yellow indicator flashes quickly. You must then re-establish the connection between the transmitter and each receiver in turn by using the procedure described in the guide. Make certain that all the other receivers are unplugged while you are setting up each receiver with the transmitter. After all of the receivers have been individually paired with the transmitter, you can then plug all of them in and they should all work properly. Bonne chance!
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)