in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 3:02 AM by elephant. 1,647 replies.
Page 10 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2008 9:42 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Re: What's playing RIGHT NOW?

Craig:
    PD:

Have you heard anything of Tarja's solo stuff?

Good to be back. Smile

Not really, just seen some stuff on You Tube. Heard she was recording a solo album at some studio in Ireland. Is it out yet?

CraigSmile

Yeah, it's out now. Considering she left Nightwish to pursue a classical career, it sounds remarkably like Nighwish....

As far as Radiohead are concerned, I've a soft spot for Street Spirit, don't know why.

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 01-21-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

Henry:
    Radiohead - High And Dry

Their best track ever IMO - from a great album too.

Well I am relatively new into Radiohead's music. I decided to discover and bought 4 of their albums this weekend. I haven't got a favourite album yet, but High And Dry is currently my favourite song.

Alex and I often enjoy to agree to disagree, so no worries John, we know who's right Wink

High And Dry is just brilliant on my BL3s. I can't wait until I buy a pair of BL9s.

• 01-21-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

Henry:
    j0hnbarker:

Henry:
    Radiohead - High And Dry

Their best track ever IMO - from a great album too.

Well I am relatively new into Radiohead's music. I decided to discover and bought 4 of their albums this weekend. I haven't got a favourite album yet, but High And Dry is currently my favourite song.

Alex and I often enjoy to agree to disagree, so no worries John, we know who's right Wink

High And Dry is just brilliant on my BL3s. I can't wait until I buy a pair of BL9s.

He he. 'High and Dry' turned out to be one of the least Radiohead sounding tracks ever, as it was straightforward drums, bass, guitar and (clear) vocals. It is one of their best though. Hope you keep on enjoying and I'm sure a pair of BL9s would make anything sound sweet! 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-21-2008 5:03 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Henry:

High and Dry is for those with simple music tastes Stick out tongue. There. I said it.

Right now, I'm listening to Weird Fishes/Arpeggi from In Rainbows by... you guessed it!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-22-2008 1:21 PM In reply to

Well just to prove I'm a little more musically intelectual than you may have thought Alex, I do really like Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees and Creep.
  • 01-22-2008 2:34 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Eww ewww ewww! Stick out tongue Pablo Honey ewww

Fake Plastic Trees is a classic.

OK Computer and Kid A are both much better albums IMO though...

Currently listening to 'Speak to me/Breathe' by Sluggy Ranks from Dub Side Of The Moon. Dark Side Of The Moon in it's entirety, but as dub/reggae! Brilliant.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-22-2008 7:39 PM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Henry:
    Well just to prove I'm a little more musically intelectual than you may have thought Alex, I do really like Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees and Creep.

If we're going for musically intellectual, I'll vote for Dream Theater "Octavarium".

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 01-23-2008 4:26 AM In reply to

R.E.M. Out of time. Hadn't played that CD for ages.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-23-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Alex:

Currently listening to 'Speak to me/Breathe' by Sluggy Ranks from Dub Side Of The Moon. Dark Side Of The Moon in it's entirety, but as dub/reggae! Brilliant.

Burn Him!!! Heretic! Super Angry

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-23-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Metallica cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Astronomy".

HELL YEAH! Devil

• 01-23-2008 3:00 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:
    Alex:

Burn Him!!! Heretic! Super Angry

Laughing Laughing It's actually pretty fantastic. The original is definitely much better though. It's still great to hear the same songs in a completely different style. Very good job they've done too, all the SFX etc... have been re-made, such as the clocks at the beginning of Time now include a cu-coo clock, rooster, bed-side alarm clock (bleepy) and other weirf FX. Very entertaining to listen to...

Currently listening to Burial's Untrue. First time I've listened to this album and I love it...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-23-2008 4:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

On Sunday night, after I had logged off, I went in the lounge and put on the Oxygene cd. Played it through my 7000 system and Avant on speaker 5.
    I turned all the lights off and lit one candle, turned up the volume to 60 (sod Mary next door) and listened to it in it's entirity with my eyes closed.
    Oh my goodness! I nearly had an 'out of body' experience.
    Where track 5 blends unnoticeably into track 6, I felt I was lying naked on a shingly beach in the moonlight and I could almost feel the huge waves breaking over me.
    Awesome!!!!!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-23-2008 5:18 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Oxygene is great, but I prefer Equinoxe only because it was one of the first proper electronic albums I listened to. Brilliant album, one of the most instantly recognisable intros...

Currently listening to All I Need from In Rainbows. This album should be banned it's so addictive Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-24-2008 3:01 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Agree - Oxygene is OK but I find I skip tracks, Equinoxe is a much, much better album and, for jandyt, has many more out of body moments (I know exactly what you meanBig Smile - I remember playing Equinoxe over and over again, in the dark sans candle, when I first got my BS5000. I thought it was staggering).

Not sure about the naked on the beach bit mindHuh?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-25-2008 6:17 AM In reply to

Radiohead -The Bends

I have somehow managed to get to 2008 owning only one Radiohead CD  (OK Computer) but I have just got the 7CD Box Set for my Birthday with the first six studio CD's and the live mini-album in it, so I will be working my way through it over the next few weeks.

I am very impressed by the Bends so far - will give it a few more  listens to fully sink in. The box set is stunning value for money BTW - £35 on Amazon, but it's a limited edition so won't be available for long.

Simon 

• 01-25-2008 12:43 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Currently listening to Boards of Canada - Kid For Today from the In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country EP. Absolutely. 100%. Chillaxed.

Beautiful.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-25-2008 2:04 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Thank to you Alex, I got to know Boards of Canada. In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country was my first album, and it still is my favorite. Very relaxing. Yes -  thumbs up

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-25-2008 3:05 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Agreed, it's my personal favourite, despite it's length (or lack of).

It's their only EP which doesn't share any content with other albums, although possibly one of their most sinister too. The whole thing is based around Branch Davidians. BOC are renown for being very cryptic in their music and samples and messages hidden all over the place. I tend not to look into it too much though, it would spoil the music for me...

I would currently be listening to Massive Attack's Protection which is in the CD7000 if I wasn't watching Top Gear...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-25-2008 3:47 PM In reply to

7 inch single version of '3 a.m. Eternal' by the KLF. Sounds very excellent on my Beosystem 5000 :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-25-2008 7:30 PM In reply to

Lotti G : "What's it worth"

Funky you said ?

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-27-2008 7:01 AM In reply to

The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash

• 01-27-2008 10:56 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Stephen Langstaff - San Maria off the Apple TV...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-27-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

John Butler Trio - Groovin' Slowly.

Heard some of this before Alex?

• 01-27-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Pat Metheny Group "In here family" from the album "life (still talking)". One of my all time favorite songs.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-28-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Henry:

John Butler Trio - Groovin' Slowly.

Heard some of this before Alex?

I'm guessing that's off their latest album which I don't have. Sad Would get it but I'm saving up for an iMac right now (selling some of my hifi too, bye bye DM7s)...

Right now, listening to Newton Faulkner - Hand Built By Robots (Feels Like Home) through the TV =]

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 10 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »