in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 3:02 AM by elephant. 1,647 replies.
Page 8 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2008 6:18 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: What's playing RIGHT NOW?

Fleetwood Mac's Rumours on vinyl - fantastic condition original pressing. Not at all rare but the original pressings are better than any of the re-releases. Sounds stunning.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-06-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Alex:

Fleetwood Mac's Rumours on vinyl - fantastic condition original pressing. Not at all rare but the original pressings are better than any of the re-releases. Sounds stunning.

Got a copy on vinyl too, not sure if it is an original pressing. How do I tell?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-06-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Craig:
    Alex:

Got a copy on vinyl too, not sure if it is an original pressing. How do I tell?

CraigSmile

Look on the back. If it says Made in Germany by WeA Musik GmbH then it's an original. If anything different, then it's one of the later re-releases.

I know for sure mine's original because my dad bought it when it first came out (and thankfully kept it in fantastic condition) and gave it to me.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-06-2008 5:09 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Thanks Alex, I will dig it out and take a look. My ex Father-in-law used to have an original Mono version of Sergent Peppers. Even had the original reciept inside, showing it was purchased on the day of release.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-07-2008 3:50 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Craig:

Thanks Alex, I will dig it out and take a look. My ex Father-in-law used to have an original Mono version of Sergent Peppers. Even had the original reciept inside, showing it was purchased on the day of release.

CraigSmile

If I was him I'd bin it and get a new one - it's over 40 years old!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-07-2008 6:08 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Craig:

CraigSmile

The mono ones are rarer than the slightly later Stereo ones I believe.

As for what's playing right now, it's Belief by John Mayer from the Live at Abbey Road performance.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-07-2008 9:08 AM In reply to

Dashboard Confessional - Stolen    ->    BeoSound 1
  • 01-07-2008 10:58 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Henry:
    Dashboard Confessional - Stolen    ->    BeoSound 1

Rather fitting Stick out tongue

Listening to In Rainbows again - addictive! The b-sides album is also very good, in fact almost as strong as the main album itself...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-07-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

Ha! Yeahhh.
  • 01-09-2008 7:19 AM In reply to

Spend yesterday going to Copenhagen. Got the Beogram 8002 back from Dillen.

Around 23 pm. I came home plugged it in, fitted the Soundsmith MMC2 and its finally playing like a new Beogram!

So it's back on the big vinyl collection which where the music I listen too is a mixture of FOX (just got the 3 albums) and alot other stuff that just needs to be heard again.

Fox is a popband from '75 onwards but actually pretty good. They made 3 albums, now out on cd's. A band to check out.

• 01-09-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

The Temptation : "Just my imagination".

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-12-2008 2:09 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Listening to one of the first CD's I had. Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair. Listen, the last track is still one of my favourites.

CraigSmile

• 01-12-2008 3:25 PM In reply to

'Further Away' by the Manic Street Preachers, from the album Everything Must Go. Not had a listen to this for a while, and had forgotten what a strong album it is, with absolutely no filler tracks. Every single song could have been a single - a lot like The Bends by Radiohead. Some great mid 90s memories... :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-12-2008 3:28 PM In reply to

The Hoosiers - Everything Goes Dark. Anyone a fan of the Trick To Life album?

• 01-12-2008 4:38 PM In reply to

Alan Hull - Pipedream. Wonderful album I have not listened to for years. Alan Hull died a couple of years ago.
  • 01-12-2008 5:36 PM In reply to

Peter:
    Alan Hull - Pipedream. Wonderful album I have not listened to for years. Alan Hull died a couple of years ago.

I know it's hard to believe, but the late, great Alan Hull passed away  slightly more than 12 years ago and is still sadly missed.

I had the good fortune to see him with Lindisfarne on several occasions, he always did "Winter Song" solo and it brought  tears to my eyes every time.

Simon

• 01-12-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

I suppose it is! He was a friend of our neighbour who was an actor. I too used to go to the City Hall and saw Lindisfarne live a number of times. That makes me feel old! Money Game and STD 0632 were favourites of mine for years! The latter when I was away at school obviously made me think of home!
  • 01-12-2008 6:15 PM In reply to

Reading your post inspired me to put on a Lindisfarne live CD. It's part of a box set, but I think it was originally released as 'Magic Night - Live'. Winter song is playing as I type this, so many memories!

Simon 

• 01-13-2008 7:19 AM In reply to

I didn't know of Alan Hull, so thanks for mentioning Peter. I downloaded the song and really enjoyed it. I shall see if I can find a good album.

Currently listening to Coldplay - Amesterdam. This is their best song in my opinion.

• 01-13-2008 11:17 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Space Cowboy - Jamiroquai.

IMO, one of the best records ever. Just brilliant...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-13-2008 3:08 PM In reply to

For those not familiar with Alan Hull, here is a recording of him with Lindisfarne at the City Hall, Newcastle singing Winter Song.
  • 01-14-2008 2:56 AM In reply to

Back in the 80's with Change and their A lover's Holiday.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-14-2008 9:05 AM In reply to

Jimi Hendrix Live at Fillmore East triple vinyl 180 gram.

Other songs from Band of Gypsies 4 shows new years eve/new years day.

You can still get new lp's with Jimi at the official Jimi Hendrix.com site.

• 01-14-2008 11:51 AM In reply to

The Crusaders : Street life

Guy 

• 01-14-2008 1:31 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Nothing my BS4 is at the repairs shop.
Page 8 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »