in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 3:02 AM by elephant. 1,647 replies.
Page 6 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2007 6:00 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: What's playing RIGHT NOW?

j0hnbarker:
    'Coffee and TV' by Blur on vinyl, through my BG4002 :)

Hey John,

I hear your moving back to Leeds soon, where abouts?

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-27-2007 6:11 PM In reply to

Just got a packet today with a Messiah box from 1965.

3 record version. Killer version. Grew up with this version and nothing else sounds better in terms of performance.

Records are mint/unplayed so properly a lifetime use left.

• 07-27-2007 6:50 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Friedmett:

Records are mint/unplayed so properly a lifetime use left.

Are you doing the deed and at long last putting these records to the fate to which they were designed? If so - how do they sound?

I've just put on "Stone Roses " by ... er.... Stone Roses (white virgin vinly)... and listening to their finest track (IMO) "Waterfall".

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-28-2007 6:24 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

j0hnbarker:
    'Coffee and TV' by Blur on vinyl, through my BG4002 :)

Hey John,

I hear your moving back to Leeds soon, where abouts?

Chris.

Alright Chris?

Am indeed moving back to Super Leeds - to my home town of Pudsey! Think it's time I changed my avatar back to 'the bear' :)

You're only in Morley aren't you?

John

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 07-28-2007 5:46 PM In reply to

Just to make Alex cry!

Girls Aloud, don't ask me the name of the song though, no idea!

• 07-28-2007 6:28 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Henry:

Just to make Alex cry!

Girls Aloud, don't ask me the name of the song though, no idea!

Actually I quite like girls aloud Big Smile

Right now, Left Side Drive by Boards of Canada. In a really really chilled out mood Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-29-2007 6:30 PM In reply to

Eliminator by ZZ Top on vinyl on my Beocenter 7000.

Bought in from a car boot sale this  morning for 50p!

Simon 

• 07-30-2007 4:08 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:

Alright Chris?

Am indeed moving back to Super Leeds - to my home town of Pudsey! Think it's time I changed my avatar back to 'the bear' :)

John

Aah - I remember now (Avatar)

Yep just down the road in Morley.Smile

Chris.

• 07-30-2007 6:29 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:

John

Do I take it from this that Morley is, in some way, inferior to Pudsey???Stick out tongueLaughingLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-30-2007 6:39 AM In reply to

Puncher:

j0hnbarker:

John

Do I take it from this that Morley is, in some way, inferior to Pudsey???Stick out tongueLaughingLaughing

Oh.... No! By 'only' I meant the fact that it's only 6 or 7 miles away from Pudsey.

Apart from the fact that Morley doesn't have a charitable mascot named in its honour, I can confirm that it is no way inferior to Pudsey. Any suburb in Britain's finest city, in Britain's finest county, is alright by me Cool

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 07-30-2007 9:53 AM In reply to

Metallica Garage Inc. on vinyl.

Record 3 side One

Actually a mistake the other day as it should have been Record 2 side One instead.

I think it was the first I ever listened to record 3 at all. I've heard the songs a zillion times in other formats.

• 07-30-2007 10:39 AM In reply to

Shutup And Drive - Rihanna
  • 07-30-2007 11:35 AM In reply to

Just testing the Beocord 9000.

Old TDK SA tape with No Doubt Return of Saturn and Prince.

• 07-31-2007 8:32 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Never never never (groove armada mix) - Dame Shirley Bassey Yes -  thumbs up

VERY cruisey, sounds incredible on B&O, checkout her latest album. Sh#*ts all over Confessions On A Dancefloor from Madonna! Party!!!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 07-31-2007 3:28 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Real Real Gone - Van Morrison, from the album 'Enlightenment' (which is one of my favourite albums from when I was younger).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-31-2007 5:24 PM In reply to

Jimi Hendrix Live in Maui Hawaii 1970 both shows. Bootleg cassete on the Beocord 9000 through headphones. DIN plug broken and new one not installed yet.

Killer perfomance by the way. 

• 08-12-2007 3:13 PM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Aeternum Vale by the stunning Doom:vs.

Brutally heavy, painfully slow, epically crafted & heartwrenchingly beautiful.

"I've tried so hard to become human
    But all I feel is regret
    Inside this empty shell we're all so afraid
    Of what we've become"

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 09-03-2007 2:50 PM In reply to

Another Shu Bi Dua record that I grew up with. This time number 9 from 1982.

An old Danish band that still goes on but not as strong as the good old days.

Does the Messiah box get used? Yes otherwise why buying it? My parents got that box in 1969 or something. Every year around christmas it gets played at least once.

Fun thing was a few years ago I got another copy to replace the old worn one(to many non B&O bad players). It was unlistenable so to spare my ears/help my parents I found a copy on Ebay. After hearing it properly on my own Beosystem 2000 it came to life. Needless to say it was a 100% ideal gift that year.

I made a DAT copy and now I have my own copy on vinyl my prefered medium these days.

There have been several other version of Messiah done but its like cover versions that never hits the spot right. Either to fast or to slow or wrong voices for the parts. I could go on but there is nothing like the version you love the most.

How does it sound? Very good recording for 1965. Dynamic. A great perfomance that is rather under rated since there is many versions aviable.

Its recorded with Dyna Groove and there is no flaws in the sound. I read a few bits about that recording mode but nothing to wory about here.

This version has:

Sir Malcom Sargent and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

Soloists: John Shirley Quirk, Norma Procter, Elizabeth Harwood, and Alexander Young.

• 09-04-2007 4:03 AM In reply to

I agree that nothing compares with your favourite version of a piece of music.

This version (Christopher Hogwood and the Academy of Ancient Music) was one of the first CDs I ever bought and still one of my favourites. My father had bought it on vinyl a few years beforehand.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handel-Messiah-Georg-Friederich/dp/B000004CXU/ref=sr_1_1/203-3680842-8167163?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1188892962&sr=8-1

Now that is the version I have come to know well, I am always disappointed by any other versions I hear.

Simon

Friedmett:

There have been several other version of Messiah done but its like cover versions that never hits the spot right. Either to fast or to slow or wrong voices for the parts. I could go on but there is nothing like the version you love the most.

How does it sound? Very good recording for 1965. Dynamic. A great perfomance that is rather under rated since there is many versions aviable.

Its recorded with Dyna Groove and there is no flaws in the sound. I read a few bits about that recording mode but nothing to wory about here.

This version has:

Sir Malcom Sargent and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

Soloists: John Shirley Quirk, Norma Procter, Elizabeth Harwood, and Alexander Young.

• 09-04-2007 5:04 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'm surprised you mention a 1965 recording as dynamic, I haven't yet heard an older classical recording which sounds good to my ears. In fact, the 1968 recording of Carmina Burana I bought a few months ago sounds distinctly terrible.

Playing right now, The Cat Empire - How To Explain (live). They've got a new album coming out soon, and they're coming over to the UK, so I'm prepping myself for some sweet ska/funk/soul/rock/salsa/jazz/reggae Big Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-04-2007 6:35 AM In reply to

Alex:

Real Real Gone - Van Morrison, from the album 'Enlightenment' (which is one of my favourite albums from when I was younger).

Superb album Alex! I am no playing In The Garden by Van Morrison.

• 09-04-2007 8:47 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Alex:
    Well we had a thread like this on the old forum, so I thought it was about time we started one here as well! At the moment, I'm listening to The Cat Empire - Boogaloo.

Sorry to break in to this thread and it's not like I'm trying to hijack or something; but I just want to make a reflection to the image that was posted along to the starter post that included some statistics. I kind of like this kind of information and I've in another thread posted question if there are any other that have interest of the Last.fm component for Windows. What Last.fm client software does is that it gathers statistics of the artist that you play on your computer when using either Windows Media Player or WinAmp; kind of nice feature since you're also able to link this kind of information to your own homepage or blog. I actually thought from the start the BeoPlayer actually was som kind of wrapper for WMP and had my hope that Last.fm would work out, but it doesn't. What is needed then is a plugin that supports BeoPlayer and since the code for Last.fm is available there could be some nice possibilities to add some external features to BeoPlayer. If this sounds interesting, please do post replies to the original thread.

And back to this threads question, what's playing - well here my BS9K is currently playing Romeos (Rewarped Mix)  by Alphaville from the album Forever Pop.

• 09-04-2007 6:29 PM In reply to

Windows mediaplayer 11 is playing Gasolin's first album. Danish band again but its one of the top 3 bands in my life out of many. Hendrix goes on that list too

My Beogram 8002 is doing a new failure to day. Now it's going to Dillen for a service. I'm looking into packing it very secure.

Played the Live at Filmore East By Jimi Hendrix triple vinyl. The arm started to skate to the left after the first song on second side(Hear my train a coming). Quickly stopped it.

• 09-05-2007 5:55 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Bocuma - Boards of Canada. As you've probably noticed, Boards of Canada are a bit of an obsession of mine. Just some of the most beautiful music in my collection....

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-05-2007 6:07 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

The Final Cut by Pink Floyd. On Vinyl of courseWink My favorite track is The Gunners Dream. Just love the lyrics.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 6 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »