in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 3:02 AM by elephant. 1,647 replies.
Page 21 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2008 4:19 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: What's playing RIGHT NOW?

Indeed it is a masterpiece. In fact so much so that I may go and listen to it now. Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-30-2008 5:31 AM In reply to

CDX plays Kiss of death by Mötorhead.

When Rock stays the same quality despite hitting 60!

• 07-30-2008 6:54 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I shall be listening to this during the Wednesday© frivolities as it's just arrived this morningSmile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-30-2008 1:15 PM In reply to

• 07-30-2008 1:37 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Rebelski - 'Dad's HiFi' from the album/EP Thanks for your Thoughts

Was listening to it in the car last night, and I'd forgotten what a fantastic little EP/album it is. A friend got it for me in the £1 section at Fopp, an absolute bargain considering it's one of the best CDs in my collection - fully recommended!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-31-2008 4:44 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Right now I am listing to Martin Simpson - Prodigal Son. Just takes me back to the fantastic weekend when he played at King Street.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-01-2008 6:10 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Craig:

Human League - Dare, might listen to Travelogue next if I get time. Not listened to any of their stuff for a long time.

CraigSmile

Well got around to listening to Travelogue today, I had forgotton just how good this album is.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-01-2008 6:17 PM In reply to

Madness - One  Step Beyond

Brings back a lot of memories!Smile

Simon

• 08-02-2008 7:29 AM In reply to

britops:
    Queen Greatest Hits. I was working in London last year when I saw Brian May walking down the street. I was on the street he lived on. He stoppped and chatted when it was obvious we recognised him, what a genuinely super bloke. The next time I was watching Live Aid it struck me what a superstar he is.

Yes, I'm a big fan. Other than the really obscure stuff I haven't found yet, I have everything Queen recorded on CD and/or vinyl.

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 08-02-2008 7:31 AM In reply to

We're All Alone - Rita Coolidge

One of my favourite recordings from my childhood, if not ever. 

MacBook Pro through Beomaster 900K

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 08-02-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Just finished watching Bruch's Violin Concerto in surround sound on BBC2 Proms

Halle Orchestra conducted by Sir Mark Elder, soloist was a young dutch violinist, Janine Jansen.
    Brought a tear to my eye.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-02-2008 8:13 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

Just finished watching Bruch's Violin Concerto in surround sound on BBC2 Proms

Halle Orchestra conducted by Sir Mark Elder, soloist was a young dutch violinist, Janine Jansen.
    Brought a tear to my eye.

Andy T.

I didn't watch it (I have no TV at the moment) but I know who you mean, and may I say she is not only a fabulous violinist, but a babe too.  <sigh> 

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 08-04-2008 1:39 PM In reply to

Ozzy

Blizzard of Oz on the Beogram 8002.

• 08-05-2008 8:26 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Vangelis - Blade Runner original sound track. Fantastic album from a superb film.

CraigSmile

• 08-05-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

Clapton - Unplugged

On my test system which consists of parts of a Beosystem 2500 (must be one of the first made and yes It's 2 way and the cassette deck has been robbed to fix another, no doors and the back has been removed for speedy access!!) into a MCL2P driving S80's with foam rot.

Needless to say, this is my workshop system not one of the showroom models!!

My daughter is here at the moment and she is asleep on the sofa. One grandson is watching the history of WWII on the Avant in the dayroom. The other grandson is watching Wrestling on an Avant in the lounge/showroom and SWMBO is asleep on the bed with a bad back. Now you know why I'm in the workshop.

What a gay day!!!!

Regards Graham

• 08-05-2008 5:26 PM In reply to

And i'm lying in bed watching the deawoo crt as SWMBO wont allow a MX tv in the bedroom (doesn't like the shape!),

Top Gear recorded on Skyplus is playing at the moment.

So just to bring you all up to speed. The women are asleep, the boys are all watching the tv and grumpty grandad is disecting his latest B&O patient.

This a day in the life the of the Stapletons!!

Regards Brett
  • 08-05-2008 5:42 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

Clapton - Unplugged

driving S80's with foam rot.

So you never got around to fixing them then Graham. Whilst reading Andy's step by step guide to refoaming only yesterday, I saw your comments about fixing the S80's. Thought I would send you a PM to see how your refoaming attempt went. No need though now.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

• 08-09-2008 6:48 AM In reply to

The Chronicles, Trentemøller

CD1 Track nr.: 6 Moan - Holy S*** that's crazy on Beolab 5's Surprise

Regards Anders

• 08-09-2008 11:15 AM In reply to

Right know my Beogram 8002 is playing the latest 45 rpm version Kill'em'all by some band called Metallica.

I got the message from Dillen a few days ago that my white S80.2 are now ready after rebuild caps and foamrot + stands. It's going to be cool to hear them. They look great for their age. Cool

Now he is working on my white S120 so it's going to interesting with 2 speaker pairs on my white Beomaster 6000.

• 08-12-2008 3:09 PM In reply to

Cdx is now playing Ben Harper Will to live
  • 08-12-2008 3:44 PM In reply to

CDX2 is now playing 'Heavy Soul' by Paul Weller.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-13-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Ah bliss, my newly refunctional 6500/RL140 setup is annoying the neighbours with Kerrang's "Maiden Heaven" CD - current top metal bands covering Maiden classics. Devil

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 08-13-2008 11:03 AM In reply to

Friedmett:
    Cdx is now playing Ben Harper Will to live

Talking of Ben Harper, I'm listening to the fabulous 'Continuum" by the even more fabulous John Mayer.  Apart from being a darn good singer/songwriter, his guitar playing blows me away - his phrasing is SO Clapton I thought it was him!

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 08-13-2008 12:35 PM In reply to

Before The Worst - The Script

Bought the album on the weekend and have been playing it in the car all week.

• 08-13-2008 2:10 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

PD:

Ah bliss, my newly refunctional 6500/RL140 setup is annoying the neighbours with Kerrang's "Maiden Heaven" CD - current top metal bands covering Maiden classics. Devil

Sounds interesting. Have you heard the cover version of The Prisoner by Fozzy? Listening to Marillion - Misplaced Childhood at the moment.

CraigSmile

Page 21 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last »