in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2008 11:08 AM by Lanhamarts. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2008 5:47 PM

• Lanhamarts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2008
    • Los Angeles, California
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

beomic 1000 - appraisal, interest, information please

I have two beomic 1000s that were given to me, and I'm trying to find out what they're worth. Any information about them at all would be appreciated, including opinions of their quality and application, or where I could go to try and sell them. Thank you!
    Filed under:
  • 07-23-2008 6:12 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: beomic 1000 - appraisal, interest, information please

Not exactly the world's best microphone, but it produces a very very '60s' sound which you'll hear on a lot of Motown records etc... especially with drums.

You may find a studio that wants to buy them in your local area, although they won't give you much for them. More of a rare collector's item.

I'd happily buy them off you depending on where you're based and make good use of them =]

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-23-2008 7:48 PM In reply to

• Lanhamarts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your response. I'm in Los Angeles, California (sorry that wasn't shown in my question) and I'm waiting to speak to a colllector for an offer. I have no idea what they're worth but they are in very good condition. If you are interested, please let me know approximately how much you would offer. Sorry, I don't have a photo ready yet to send to you.
    Filed under:
  • 07-23-2008 8:45 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Sorry, but I'm overseas, and I expect that sending the mics that far would likely cause internal damage to a degree as ribbon microphones, especially vintage ones where the ribbon will have hardened and become brittle are very fragile.

Good old-fashioned ribbon mics are rare nowadays, and have a very strong character which many good studios will crave if they are attempting to get a yester-year sound. The fact that they're B&O would generally mean they fetch even higher prices!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-24-2008 1:50 AM In reply to

B&O microphones have a small but fanatical following! There is a microphone forum and that would be the best place to ask. They can reach very good prices though the one to have is a boxed Beomic 5. The 1000 is a great design and if working should get a good price.
  • 07-24-2008 11:08 AM In reply to

• Lanhamarts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks! Is that forum on the Beoworld site? I appreciate the info.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)