in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2008 7:20 AM by ajames. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2008 10:06 AM

Beovision MX7000 with Beo4 and SKY+

Hi all, I've just taken ownership of a Beovision MX7000 (Type: 8702) which I'm really enjoying watching.  With the TV came a Beo4 remote, the new one I think with DTV, V.Mem etc.  Also as part of my set up I am receiving SKY via a SKY+ Amstrad box model DRX280.  My question(s) is regarding use of the remote control.

I have managed to set up my SKY remote to interact with the TV. The only thing I cannot get it to do is replace the function of the V.MEM button on my Beo 4. For example, when the TV is turned off (not in standby), when I turn the TV on, I cannot get the TV to function without first pressing the V.MEM button on my BEO4 - a real pain.

Conversely I cannot get my BEO4 to function at all with SKY.

I've read a few posts on here regarding SKY and BEO4 but am still unclear as to whether it's possible to use a BEO4 in my setup, or how to get my SKY remote to replace the V.MEM function.

Can any of you B&O'ers help, it would be much appreciated ;-) BTW Great Site. Cheers, Chris.

• 07-21-2008 11:10 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision MX7000 with Beo4 and SKY+

I have had a similar set up for a long time. You will never get Sky remote to replace V. Mem function. Keep the Sky and BO remotes or buy a - very expensive - remote that can be programmed to do all functions of both boxes. (about £ 150 in my case)

John

• 07-21-2008 12:02 PM In reply to

Thanks John for your reply. It seems a little crazy that I can watch the TV and do everything using my SKY remote, but after switching the TV off (say last thing at night), I cannot just switch it back on the next morning. I have to press V.MEM to get the sky signal back through the TV.  I'd have thought the signal would default to the last used. Really annoying as I need to use two remotes instead of one...

aaarrrggggghhhhhhhhh

• 07-23-2008 8:33 AM In reply to

I think you should check in the SKY setup that SCART Control or something is switched on, and that the box is connected to the TV using the acrt cable from the SCART TV out socket on Sky+ - you should then be able to press TV and then 1 on the SKY+ remote to switch the TV on the SKY on SKY+ remote to switch on Sky - the TV should then switch to your sky box. This procedure works on my Avant.

To use the Beo4 you need a Set top box controller to be installed with the correct Sky+ chip - I beleive there is one available for the MX7000 as I fitted one a while ago for Sky Digital into mine.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 07-23-2008 10:27 AM In reply to

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've just checked that all the settings are as you suggest - and they are.   My complete config is:

• SKY+ TV Out SCART --> AV1 (on MX7000)
    • DVD Scart --> AV2 (on MX7000)

When I press TV - Setup -Sockets on BEO4 my Settings are:

• PL On
    • AV1 V.TP-1+Dec
    • AV2 DVD
    • S-VHS Off

When I turn on the TV the only light on the TV is the RED light in top right hand corner. It's not until I press V.MEM on BEO4 that the TV kicks into life (Green lights on speakers) and SKY is available.

Am I making a schoolboy error here or do these settings look okay?

Cheers, Chris.

• 07-23-2008 12:41 PM In reply to

What happens if you press TV on the sky remote and then the number 1 on it - it should switch the TV onto Channel 1

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 07-24-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

Nothing happens. It just stays with the red light on in top right hand corner. To get any activity on the TV I first have to use the BEO4. For instance if I press TV on the BEO4, and then TV 1 on the SYK remote, I do indeed get taken to TV 1 (albeit without a signal).
  • 07-24-2008 7:20 AM In reply to

In that case it works differently to the Avant - When I had an MX3500 I had the same problem as the Sky+ wouldn't work it.

If you only want to use one remote - as I did, you could get either get a Set Top Box Controller fitted to your MX7000 for the Sky+ box or a Lintronic code converter box which you programme to convert the codes from Beo4 to whatever you're controlling - it does have the advantage of being able to controll multiple non B&O equipment through the BEO4 - but you don't get as much integration. Pricewise it's about £170 - not sure how much the STBC is to have fitted.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)