in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2008 6:05 AM by wirralsimon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2008 5:55 AM

Repair of Beolab 4000 Active LoudSpeakers (attached to MX 7000)?

I have a pair of these speakers and in March one of them failed. The speakers were insured with Domestic & General who arranged that DIGITAL SATELLITE SERVICE LTD collect the faulty speaker for repair, which they did on March 30th. At the beginning of April DSS brought the speaker back, but it was not properly repaired. That is it tests OK if connected to the TV using an AV cable with banana plugs, but it would not work on the active speaker connection. The fault must be in the speaker because the second speaker switched to its active connector tested OK. DSS sent the speaker to B&O for repair but told me on July 21st that B&O had been yet done the job and could not return the speaker because it was "mislaid" in the B&O workshop.

I would like to know:

1)Does anyone has a contact number with B&O so that I can pursue the matter directly with them?

2) Could I buy a second hand Beolab 4000 to replace the one that B&) have lost?

3) Is it worth bothering about, the speaker is an old model and seems to be very difficult to repair. I expect soon to buy a new B&O digital HD ready TV and the external speakers may not be appropriate.

• 07-21-2008 6:05 AM In reply to

Re: Repair of Beolab 4000 Active LoudSpeakers (attached to MX 7000)?

Welcome to Beoworld! 

A fully working set of Beolab 4000s is still worth several hundred pounds on eBay so it's certainly not worth letting the matter drop as they are a well-regarded speaker (and still in the current range) that would do well as rear speakers in a B&O surround sound setup.

The speakers cannot be bought singly so you best bet would be to ask the to compensate you for the pair.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)