in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-22-2008 5:24 AM by Rubicon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2008 4:15 PM

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Please Help - Beolab 3500

Hi again all, yet another e-bay damage problem for the naive and all too distant B&O buyer from down under.

Bought a Lab 3500 from Germany from a well respected e-bayer who was happy for pick ups etc etc. I had to use a German friend to bid as he wouldn't post overseas. My brother and friend bought it on behalf and it all looked great cosmetically! (should have had them at least take the frets off!!!!!!!!) Also the wall bracket was missing so that was a disappointment from the start.

My brother paid us a surprise visit over the w/e and along came the speaker. We attached it via masterlink to the recently repaired Beosound 4, and initially it all sounded great, but with a little volume came a nasty problem! Very horrible interference and distortion so took off the frets to discover both woofers were badly damaged with cracks and holes to the periphery!

Now the big issue is that the local B&O shop who repaired the Beosound 4 will not supply only the woofers which I would have thought would be easy to replace, without the $150 per hour labour charges!? Can anyone help? Can I get these from someone here, or at least some suggestions. I also need to source a wall bracket too which can be either new or second hand.

Any help gratefully received and all PM's welcome!

Cheers

Peter

• 07-20-2008 4:28 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Re: Please Help - Beolab 3500

According to the service manual, the part number for the woofer is 8480259.   I would try calling a different B&O store and tell them you'd like to order or get the price on that part number.  Then you can replace the woofers yourself.  Also, any B&O store should be able to order the wall bracket for you.

Austin

-Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 07-20-2008 9:33 PM In reply to

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Thanks for the help camshaft, but it seems there is a local cartel type control over this and the single other store over here can't help either!

Anyone else keen to advise?

• 07-21-2008 4:27 AM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

I think B&O Australia & NZ is now owned by B&O themselves. That said I wouldn't imagine that should stop them selling you spare parts. Have you tried sourcing them direct from the service agent in NZ?

G&P Electronics (authorised service centre) in Melbourne might be able to help. Their number is + 61 3 9576 1148. Email melbourneservice@netspace.net.au

Hope this helps.

Peter 

• 07-21-2008 7:08 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

If you are stuck PM me...

• 07-22-2008 5:24 AM In reply to

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Thanks very much everyone, but I've now managed to find a very friendly and useful service guy in the South Island, and I'm very pleased with the price of spare parts too! Smile

Cheers

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)