in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-19-2008 12:06 AM by jk1002. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2008 10:38 AM

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Bang & Olufsen Car Audio; Does it Hurt or Help?

Does anyone have an opinion about what the car audio business does to B&O?  

I don't want this brand to end up like Bose. . Anyone have any thoughts?

I just read that the partnership with Audi has been extended and will now include even more models?

Do any of you sense a movement away from the quality will all have grown to love into a more

large base cheaper product? 

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 07-18-2008 12:44 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Bang & Olufsen Car Audio; Does it Hurt or Help?

Even though a friend of mine has a Bose system in his Audi, I don't think of them a car audio. When I think of Bose I think of the Waveguide models they do and those Bose speakers that 95% of Pubs and Clubs used to have. IMO I think the car audio side of B&O is a good thing. Even better that they will be offering it in more of the Audi model range. Have they started to fit any of the Aston Martin models with B&O yet?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-19-2008 12:06 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Car Audio; Does it Hurt or Help?

I don't think what they do in cars will affect in any way what they do with music and videosystems.

For me it makes much sense, qand I certainly would consider it for my car. Partner with Lexus please, which I think will be my next. i also believe this is a fast growing segment for them, which is great. Any success to them , be it with cheaper or super expensive systems. Whatever works. Just provide options, which I think they are nailing going forward. After all, i am very happy that I finally got a lower riced niced TV to complement my BL3 BS9000 and BC2. BV8 that is. Yes I know, no suurround and one HDMI but it does the trick for ma. 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)