in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-20-2008 5:13 PM by david707. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2008 7:54 AM

Avant STB contoller

Any way I can stop this turning off the Sky box when I put the TV to standby? I have other TV's that use the signal (but don't control the box) via the RF loop. Avant model is late 2003.
  • 07-18-2008 9:18 AM In reply to

Re: Avant STB contoller

Dont use the remote to put the TV into standby ...
  • 07-18-2008 2:03 PM In reply to

David,

It depends on which version of AVANT you have.

If you have a Mark III AVANT DVD (Type numbers 846X) with TV software version 15.1, then you CAN do what you wish.

In the above version of TV software B&O implemented a so called SOFT standby setup on STB
    This feature means that you can decide when, or if, your STB should enter Standby.

Regards Keith....

• 07-19-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

Thanks Keith - Mine is type 8453 so it seems I can't. I can see nothing in the service menu relating to the STB.

Can the software be updated to do this?

David

• 07-19-2008 11:29 AM In reply to

David,

Your AVANT DVD is a Mark II version and the latest software version for both the Mark I & II is 10.4

The Mark III AVANT has a different chassis and runs different software, so the Mark I & II CANNOT be updated with Mark III software meaning I am afraid you cannot upgrade your TV software to provide the facility you are looking for.

Sorry for the bad news..

Regards Keith....

• 07-20-2008 5:13 PM In reply to

Keith,

As Nobby says I need to get used to switching it manually! This, and the fact that on-screen status displays are not used (I can't see the red one on the top) are the only faults with an otherwise hugely impressive TV.

Regards

David

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)