in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-18-2008 10:40 AM by mjmedlo. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2008 10:48 PM

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

iTunes and N.Music help please!

I am new to the mac world. . . I need a little direction regarding how to use iTunes for N.Music.  I have primarily used the BeoPlayer with a PC.  I will continue to use the PC but want to use iTunes so I can control the music with my iPhone and the new Remote App. . 

Anyone have any experience with this??

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 07-17-2008 8:21 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: iTunes and N.Music help please!

Click 'Radio' in the left hand column of iTunes. It splits stations up into drop-down categories. You can choose to sort them by 'Bit Rate' by clicking the heading at the top, as many stations will have higher quality (112kbps and above) and lower quality (96kbps and below) versions.

You can build up a playlist of your favourite radio stations by dragging them into a playlist on the left-hand side of iTunes (click the + button in the bottom right of iTunes to create a playlist).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-17-2008 8:30 AM In reply to

Not sure is the answer. I don't know if a PC can use iTunes with N.Music. Macs do because of the software written by Anders but I thought PCs had to use either Beoplayer or Windows Media Player. The iPod Touch will work with a PC with iTunes if it has a wireless capability so you could just use the Aux input of the B&O system or an Airport Express.
  • 07-17-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Peter, I think your answer is the one I was looking for.  If I do it this way is my BeoPort essentially useless?  That means I won't get the pleasant "Artist" "Genre" voices any more?

Also,  I have a BC2 being used in a link room. . .will I lose the display on it if I'm not using my BeoPort?

Thanks

MJM 

• 07-17-2008 8:07 PM In reply to

• dylan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Perth, Australia
    • Posts 117
    • Founder

What you can do is to set beoport/beoplayer to "PC" and then run itunes in Windows on your PC - this will get the music to your beoport and any attached speakers and I presume (and hope as about to do this myself once cabling in situ) out to linked rooms. You will however lose the soothing voice saying "artist" etc (and the displayed text) but on the plus side you should be able to use the iTouch/iPhone to view/control itunes from your link room as detailed in various other threads.

BS3200 BV7 BV3 BL8000 BG4000 BL4500 PC2 BG5500 MX4002

• 07-18-2008 1:48 AM In reply to

Or get a Mac Mini and use that as a music server. You lose the voice but keep the display and can use the iPod. There are limitations though. The computer cannot access all the other sources - doesn't worry me but it might you.
  • 07-18-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I actually just bought a mac mini for my office and a macbook for travel.  I may move to the mac mini for media very very soon. . .

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)