in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2008 6:14 PM by mfirst. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2008 4:40 PM

iPod to B&O System Recommendations

I have a beosound 3200 hooked up to a BeoSystem 1 that has a pair of lab 8000's as front and 4000's as center, TV is a BV-4-42. Right now I have an Apple iPod dock hooked up to rca's in the back of the BS1 in the Tape connection panel using a monster icable. I have a good amount of distortion and was wondering if anyone has an iPod setup to the BS1 or 3200 and what they would recommend. Thanks!
  • 07-16-2008 5:01 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: iPod to B&O System Recommendations

Have you tried to connect to the Aux connection of the BS3200?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-16-2008 6:24 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

If you have one of the latest versions of the ccdb installed in the BS-1 (4.7 j or k) then you could consider using one of Apple's AV/Universal docks to connect the iPod using STB or V. Aux connections.  This will also allow you to operate the iPod from the Beo4, and see video on screen.  You'll need an ir-flasher of course.

Or you could just make sure that the iPod's volume isn't maxed out.   

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 07-16-2008 10:02 PM In reply to

I have not tried the aux input on the 3200 because I do not have that cable.

How do i check to see what ccdb I have installed on the BS1? I would like to use the remote if possible. How is the quality with this way?

Thanks!

• 07-16-2008 11:06 PM In reply to

The audio quality is as good as the encoding of your music. It can be bad, or in my case almost always pretty ok. Most of my music is mp3 at 320. Video is another story - not ready for primetime (bandwith issues). I tried three different ipod docks with my Avant (DLO, AR, Apple). When AppleTV came out, I switched and I find this is the best solution.

I do not have the latest ccdb on my Avant, so I use a Lintronic to control the docks and ATV. Not as simple as the ccdb, but it works.

With IpodTouch 2.0 I can now control the ATV easily from anywhere in the house with full two-way info that include album covers. Pretty cool!

• 07-17-2008 9:52 AM In reply to

How did you hook the apple TV up to the beosystem 1? Will it work with my PC? Thanks.
  • 07-17-2008 10:53 AM In reply to

You can connect Aple TV using component cable and plug in audio (TOSLINK preferably) to STB input of the BeoSystem1.
    Also connect IR blaster into IR input of SAT on BS1. Latest software of BS1 will enable you control Apple TV.
    Scroll through available units of your BS1 menu (external sources) if apple TV is listed there you are in luck.
    David the BeoPerson
  • 07-17-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

I have a dvr hooked up the the component cables. How do i check to see what ccdb/software I have installed on the BS1? Thanks!
  • 07-17-2008 4:36 PM In reply to

1. If you go to BeoSound menu - external sources
    Highlight STB and scroll through available units. I believe if you have it it should be listed as Apple Remote.
    I'm not sure what was the first SW version of BS1 that introduced it.

2. BeoSound 1 has only one set of component inputs. if your setup requires additional units to be connected you will need to use Zektor Switch. I believe Zektor was coded into BS1 ccd from version 4.7a
    To verify if you BS1 is zektor compatible, go to your external sources menu. You should see last item in the list - SWITCH with only two available options NONE and ZEKTOR

David the BeoPerson
  • 07-21-2008 3:58 PM In reply to

I have version 4.7i on the BS1 so I do not see an apple remote.

I will get the zektor switch. Thank you.

• 07-26-2008 11:37 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

Turning back to the original question, with most iPods the jack at the back of the dock will output a line-level signal. Leaving aside questions of the quality of the D/A converters involved, in theory this signal should be pretty clean. Does the volume change when you adjust the iPod's own volume in your setup?
  • 08-12-2008 3:10 PM In reply to

Yes, the volume does change from the BS1 when the volume is changed on the iPod. It is pretty clear now but I am going to get the apple component cables and get the zektor component switch.
  • 08-15-2008 3:15 PM In reply to

hello, first post here at Beoworld,

i am highjacking this thread to ask what is the best cable to simply plug an ipod to a BS1 and where to get it in the states. 

thanks

• 08-15-2008 6:14 PM In reply to

I get mine (have purchased 2 several years ago) on Ebay.

If you search for OLUFSEN and RCA you will get a bunch of choices.  The ones with 2 cables I think are just inputs while the ones with 4 are in's and out's.  I got the 4's (although I dont have a reason while I would ever need outs - but I am sure something may come up).

They are about $10-15 and generally worth it.

-michael

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)