in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-18-2008 11:17 AM by ajames. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2008 1:16 PM

Avant as a link TV

I've just bought a 28" Avant that is setup in my bedroom as a link TV, it is linked to a BS3000 and 32" Avant in the living room and an active speaker kit in the kitchen

The problem is that when I choose the living room VCR or DVD or DTV I get a great picture and the sound is just hiss. The TV in my kitchen is not a B&O but when tuned to the link frequency picks up both sound and picture perfectly. My old MX3500 used to do the same thing and I thought  it was the tuner in it - Have I got a setting wrong somewhere because I thouht the sound would be in stereo as well and and taken through the link system.

Second thing is that the new Avant doesn't switch to 16:9 automatically - I've got it tuned to my sky+ box as well which is set to 16:9 for both locations.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 07-16-2008 4:09 PM In reply to

Re: Avant as a link TV

Is it set to PAL I if in the UK?
  • 07-17-2008 2:52 AM In reply to

Hi - It was on I and I've checked on both - I also tried B/G as I wasn't sure. Could it be the country setting in the engineers menu - both are on 16. It seems weird - even checking on the main TV and tuning to 599 I get the HIS - picture isn't clear but I guess that's because it;s not linked up.

I'm wondering if it's a faulty modulator and if swapping them (not sure how easy that is) would resolve? I checked the Kitchen TV and that one also has hiss - the sound comes through on Beolink Active in there - which is why I thought on the TV that the picture would be through RF but the sound through Masterlink.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 07-18-2008 11:17 AM In reply to

A further update: - I looked in the manual and it says that the RF Modulator should be switched to off if used with a link TV or ON if used in a link room with a non b&o or non-linkable TV - tried this but nothing happens. I think now it should be switched to off but that the problem maybe that the old TV was an MX3500 and was linked in through an ML Converter box - when I got the new one I had a spare converter so rather than run an ML cable I used it with a short ML Cable to connect the bedroom Avant - this works fine for the CD and Radio but not the TV - could this be the problem - in theory it should work!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)