in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-31-2008 9:44 AM by scott451. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2008 5:09 AM

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

n.music issue

hi,

i have been experiencing a strange behavoir with n.music ever since i moved my computer. for n.music to function correctly i must launch it from the audio master unit (a beocenter 1). if i launch it from another unit, everything seems to work (remote unit turns on, n.music is displayed on bc1, ...) but no music comes through.

once n.music is launced on the audio master, i can launch it from a remote unit (beolink passive, bs3500, bc6). however, this has the effect of cutting off the sound on the audio master bc1. to re-stablish sound, i must change the bc1 to somehting else (like tv) and then back to n.music.

now this is weird and kind of a drag. any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated !

scott 

Filed under:
  • 07-15-2008 8:48 AM In reply to

Re: n.music issue

Bizarre! The very first thing to do is a hard reset. Switch everything off at the mains and then reconnect. I would then, if the problem persists, look at your option setting - check the Beolink PC2 is in Option 6 - it may have defaulted to Option 2 when it was moved. Then report back!
  • 07-16-2008 12:13 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Agree with Peter's instructions.  I think what you're seeing is the PC2 has taken over as master, or partially so...  I recall running into this.  If it is difficult to unplug everything, at least unplug the PC2 and your master, then plug in the master and wait a few minutes BEFORE plugging in the PC2.  Obviously, it would be better to power everything down, and, of course, make sure to power up your master first.

Stan

• 07-31-2008 9:44 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

ok,

that worked. kind of like re-booting your computer. thanks again super beoworld !

scott

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)