in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-15-2008 8:20 AM by Russ. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2008 11:40 PM

B&O Australia - The new Samsung SP A800B Projector orchestrated by BS3

Hi everyone, I have been searching the forums for some time now on information relating to the BS3 and matched projectors. I finally went  in to see James the showroom Manager at B&O Camberwell in Melbourne. Quite apart from his patience and great knowledge and (evident) passion relating to the "architectural" aspects of all things cinema related, he demo'd for me the new Samsung SPA800B Projector. A collaboration between Joe Kane, B&O and a very small team from Samsung.

Unbelieveable !

Truly so ! especially given that he was projecting a 16:9 image on an ordinary plaster board wall (no fancy Stewart grayhawk screen - only in Australia !!) covered with the customary dulux magnolia paint. !. He even went to the detail to use gaffa tape to mask off a 100" (diagonal) part of the wall so it looked like there was a screen.

Now there will be quite a few of you that may not actually believe this next bit. The picture (source of a PS3 played via the BS3, BLue Ray disc - Kingdom of Heaven) was as good if not more spectacular that the Beovision 4 65" that was mounted on an adjacent wall. Blew me away. Going back again to have another look.

The car will have to go now !Party!!!

• 07-15-2008 12:03 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: B&O Australia - The new Samsung SP A800B Projector orchestrated by BS3

Heard this was on the way...

Well Peter, don't leave us in suspense.....What was the price?

• 07-15-2008 3:37 AM In reply to

Have seen the same setup in action too... Picture was brilliant! In fact maybe a bit too bright/sharp...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 07-15-2008 4:11 AM In reply to

There is a review of the projector here: for those interested.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 07-15-2008 5:39 AM In reply to

BeoAus, the price was a lofty $ AUD 8950. Interestingly nI was also told that this projector could only be bought by B&O. Yet I find today I had at least three retailers (two with stock) happy to take GBP 2250 (which is $4725) - that's just under half the price !!!

I had a look at the review of the projector posted here and can concur 95%. I don't agree with teh comments about teh levels of black. Don't forget I was watching a blue Ray disc projected on to a plaster board wall !! and the picture was spectacular.

• 07-15-2008 5:42 AM In reply to

Where can I find the UK 2008 Price lists ?

• 07-15-2008 8:20 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I have seen one running on a Da-Lite grey screen, in a room which had no curtains or blinds in the middle of the afternoon, being driven by a BV-7 40/US.  I agree with the OP; really beautiful!  The BV-7 has complete control or the projector and screen as well.  Highly recommended for those on a 'budget.'

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)