in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-13-2008 10:40 AM by Beobird. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2008 10:24 AM

Beocenter 9500 - How should it be displayed?

Hi everybody,

I am appealing to allBeoworld members who own or are fans of the Beocentre 9500 (I assume that isprobably most members).  I currently have a BC9500 and it is sat on a lowcoffee table in an alcove in my lounge.  Every time I look at it I smile,as it is such a beautiful piece of design.  But sat on the table it isjust not being shown at it's best and this makes me sad. I know this has beendiscussed a couple of times previously in other threads over the years so I amsorry if I am dragging up the same old subject.  But my BC9500 deservesbetter and I have been racking my brains on how best to show off this fantasticsystem and have so far drawn a blank.  So, I am appealing to all you guysout there who have either solved this problem or have innovative ideas. Please can you suggest any way it can be displayed to show it off at it'sbest?

Many thanks inanticipation

Peter G 

• 07-12-2008 10:50 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 9500 - How should it be displayed?

There was a wall mount which leaned it forward at an angle of about 35 degrees. Looked very good but you would have to get one fabricated as I have not seen one for years!
  • 07-12-2008 11:07 AM In reply to

That sounds like a good idea peter, thank you.

Does anyone have a photograph of one or the measurements so that I could have one made?

• 07-12-2008 11:35 AM In reply to

I think a very simple cabinet around 70 - 100 cm in height and wide enough ( at least around 80 cm, twice as that would be perfect ) with nothing else on it but the BeoCenter would be great.

There is also a stand for it, but I don't think it's very pretty. Lifestyle AV has one, it's the BeoStorage ST9500.

• 07-12-2008 3:08 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Have you considered an F1000 unit, a wonderful piece of B&O furniture. It would suit a Beocenter 9500 very well IMO.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-13-2008 8:31 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

hi all

a little country cottage ish but i have mine on an Ercol TV video cupboard about 90x60x40high - fold down door to revea;l a sliding tray - i used ikea trays to hold cd's have a photo somewhere it may be in uk - i'm now en france!

http://www.ercol.com/2094-p-WO.html

not quite the same as mine - obviously been superceded

salut tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 07-13-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

I know what the topicstarter means. If you look from 20" above the bc9500 it's beautifull, but when you look at it from the couch it looks not that great. My solution will be a angled cabinet. I've played before with some 5" wooden bloks under the back of the bc and it looks good on couch position Smile.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)