in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-08-2009 7:02 AM by dougie747. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2008 12:53 AM

• Earle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2008
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

Form 1 parts

OK, my foam parts of my Form 1's finally rotted. I successfully removed all 4 pieces. Does anyone know where I might find replacements if they are still available?

On that note, I discovered that the strap itself is covered in flocking material, which also rots. I went to a materials supplier here and replaced the strap with genuine leather. It looks good. All I need are the foam pieces. I'll upload photos one complete!

www.myspace.com/djbosconian www.myspace.com/earlec
  • 07-12-2008 1:26 AM In reply to

Re: Form 1 parts

The foam pads are still available from your B&O dealer.

I think the Headphones are still available also.

Regards Brett
  • 07-12-2008 2:35 AM In reply to

Not sure that you are correct here Brett! I think these were unavailable from around two years ago. You may be thinking of Form 2's.

Lee at Lifestyle AV did have a small stock of Form 1 replacement pad kits but even that may be old info.

I am of course quite willing to be corrected so check with your dealer.

Regards Graham

• 07-12-2008 3:31 AM In reply to

• MERCATS
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • BEDFORDSHIRE
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

I have a set of 4, new and boxed, if you cannot purchase any from your dealer.

E-mail me if you require them.

MERCATS

• 07-12-2008 1:15 PM In reply to

• Earle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2008
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the info. I will call my local dealer to find out about its availability.

However, while we're on this, does anyone know of anything else that can be used in place of the foam parts? After all, new foam will only end up the way of the old foam. 

www.myspace.com/djbosconian www.myspace.com/earlec
  • 07-12-2008 3:11 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

Lee at Lifestyle AV did have a small stock of Form 1 replacement pad kits but even that may be old info.

Graham, you are correct. Lee does still have some in stock. FORM 1 FOAM PIECES

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-13-2008 1:11 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

I bought the Form 1 replacement pad kit from LifeStyle AV. Perhaps a bit expensive but certainly was worth it. The old pads must be completely scratched off - I used my thumb nail. The kit has all the pads (two big ones and the two smaller ones) and they have a tape to attach them to the headphones. If the old rot is taken off well the new ones should stick there well. Mine has been now in use with the new pads for some weeks and no trouble at all. And now the Form 1's really fit my ears better than before. 

EDIT: I'd like to have some photos of the replacement strap. The one in my Form 1's is a bit worn and I'd like to see how well the replacement fits.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 07-13-2008 1:15 PM In reply to

I bought 3 pairs of form 1 pads from the vegas dealer only 6 months ago.

I then got home and was told by that they were still available from uk dealers.

I may have been wrong about the headphones still being available. But i'm sure i'm right about the pads!!

Regards Brett
  • 07-13-2008 2:22 PM In reply to

beo4life:

I bought 3 pairs of form 1 pads from the vegas dealer only 6 months ago.

I then got home and was told by that they were still available from uk dealers.

I may have been wrong about the headphones still being available. But i'm sure i'm right about the pads!!

You are wrong Brett!! You bought Form 2 pads all the way from America when you could have ordered them from a dealer here!

I believe that you can still get new Form 2 phones from the dealer as well.

Stick with me kiddo and I'll see you right!

Regards Graham

• 07-13-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Listen to jbg - Dad's know bestWink

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-08-2009 7:02 AM In reply to

Hi Earle,

Sorry to bring up this old topic, but...

was wondering if you could tell me how you replaced the head strap with genuine leather, did you copy the attachment section your self? How? (and what kind of leather, like that of a belt?)

Are Bang & Olufsen replacements not available anymore?

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)