in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-11-2008 7:22 PM by damatt. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2008 5:30 PM

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Masterlink

Hi everyone.

Is it possible to tell if a beovision has masterlink by using the onscreen interface?

Is there such a thing as a masterlink module that can be aquired if the TV has not got this facility and if so does it have to be fitted into the TV or can it sit away from the unit – like a kind of hub? Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid.

Cheers Mason

• 07-11-2008 5:45 PM In reply to

Re: Masterlink

Hi:

Yes there probably is a way to do this but without knowing the model of he TV it is difficult. The best way to find out is to look at the back of the set near the scarts and powerlink sockets and see if you can see a thin elongated (about an inch long) and half a CM in height socket. If so that is master link.

I don't think you can get an external hub although I might be wrong.

You can buy the cards to slot into the TV. However, depending on the age you would have to look for a donor TV; part on eBay; or go to B&O directly.

• 07-11-2008 6:03 PM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

The TV is a BV8 32. I don't think it does have a masterlink from your description. At the moment I have Beolab 3s running from the powerlink with a splitter. There is no mention of the masterlink in the manual. I will check the back tomorrow. Please post if anyone knows how to check via the onscreen menu.

Cheers mason 

• 07-11-2008 6:29 PM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Sorry to be a pain. I will elaborate further. I am considering getting a Beocenter 2 and I am trying to work out if there is an auto-switching option on the BC2 that will leave the screen on the BV8 dormant whilst I listen to music CD's. I am presuming this can only happen with masterlink installed – although I am hoping this is not the case. I just don't want to have an illuminated screen while music plays.  Mason
  • 07-11-2008 7:22 PM In reply to

It is possible to add a "System Module" to a BeoVision 8-32.

The System Module has a Masterlink-socket an RF-modulator and an extra scart-socket.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)