in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-18-2008 2:56 PM by casdave. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2008 6:27 PM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Tour de France

Hey Beoworlders!

Are you watching the TdF? Who is your favorite? Did you notice that our (my) small country is, for once, at the top of the world. In fact, our 3 cyclists do very well this year, and I am very happy that Kim Kirchen is first luxemburger since 1958 to take the yellow jersey. I hope he continues to do as well as he has for the past 6 days! 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-15-2008 10:04 AM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Re: Tour de France

Sadly for you I note that after some 42 hours of riding he has now lost the yellow jersey to a cyclist more used to riding upside down (by all of 1 second).  That would be enough to make one mad to think of the minute time difference!  Still at least there is a chacne to make up 1 second!!

• 07-15-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

But I am from Luxembourg. As we are used not to be good at any sport, we are very happy if once there are some guys who are really not bad... I don't mind any cyclist being better, as long as he is clean.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-17-2008 5:50 PM In reply to

Looks like that extra leg ( Isle of Man) is helping our sprinter take his third stage, he just hit the front and his mere physical presence made the other sprinter give up, now that's what you call out psyching the opposition.

• 07-17-2008 6:37 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

When they spot people taking drugs - how come they can't pick up a third leg from a Manx sprinter!

Why why why are these athletes still taking drugs when the chances of being caught are so great?

• 07-18-2008 2:56 PM In reply to

They are young, sport can be a hard life and the rewards can be huge for the few who get to the top.

Anyway, its a shame that the latest drug scandal is clouding Cavendish's victory.

....and he did it again, that puts him in very good company, 4 stage wins in one tour.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)