in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-11-2008 5:24 PM by jk1002. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2008 3:49 PM

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

I need some clarification on Beocenter 2

Evening fellas. Can someone advise me on the Beocenter 2.  I am going to add a BC2 to my Beovision 8 and Beolab 3 combo. I understand there are several BC2 permutations. I am going to buy used so I need to get my head around this. Thanks in advance. Mason
  • 07-10-2008 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: I need some clarification on Beocenter 2

Make sure you get the DVD version - there is an audio CD only one though they are scarce. Given the choice, I would get a late one with the audio feedback from the keys. This has only been out for about a year though. The only other decision is whether to get DAB or not. I would favour yes though it does depend on where you live.
  • 07-10-2008 4:55 PM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Peter and thank you for always replying so promptly – I don't post often (as you can see), but whenever I ask a question you always deliver an answer really quickly. One more question, I presume the FM tuner is standard on the BC2? Therefore I ideally need the BC2 with DVD (to replace my ageing DVD1 and consolidate my set-up).

Mason

• 07-10-2008 5:30 PM In reply to

I bought a new BC2 for my BV8. Picture is very nice even though it is just a scart connection.

I thought about picking up a used one, however as you said there are permutations and I wanted the later one.

One the early versions, it is somewhat annoying how you operate that thing. I.e. you have to press the "go" key twice to start dvd playback.

There are a few things that annoy me right now with my setup, mildly, not enough that I contacted the dealer yet.

For one, and this is the biggest, when I start CD playback on the BC2 it takes a few seconds until the speaker turn on, so I always miss the 1st few seconds of the CD. Software glitch.

When you use the wheel to change volume, i think if you go quickly up and down it mutes, I haven't really figure out how that works.

Lastly, I think if you activate DVD through the remote, I think it blocks out the pad on the BC2. If activate the DVD straight from BC2 that doesnt happen.

The later 2 things dont really bother me, that it fires up the speakers a few seconds to late does though and I will take that up with my dealer at some point. Is just software issues I think.

Otherwise I am super happy with that combination, haven't regretted a second that I made that move.

Cheers

JK

P.s. I have a US version

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 07-11-2008 2:45 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I recently picked up a used BC2 and I enjoy it so far.  I am using it as a link product only connected to a BS3 and BS9000 as masters. . I like the display and the elegeance of it.  I too have it connected to a set of BL3s but I do not experience the delay from the speakers with a CD playing like previously posted.

I think the most annoying problem I have is the connection or lack of connection in the socket panel

I recomment it though.  I haven't even used it for DVD playback yet (waiting to get the BV4 in) so I will update after that gets here.

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 07-11-2008 5:24 PM In reply to

I have connected the BL3 to the TV, not straight to the BC2. Is a software issue on teh TV I am guessing. And there is a BL2 Sub inbetween TV and BL3 which my play a role as well.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)