in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2008 9:57 AM by Peter. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2008 1:02 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: The Remote Control

Yes yes yes. Fantastic, a giant leap for mankind.

Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!

• 07-11-2008 1:20 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

as already mentioned here

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/125862.aspx

• 07-11-2008 4:14 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

I just tried it on my new iPhone and it´s absolutely fantastic.

If I only could remote my BM1 like this, then I would go wild 

BV10

• 07-12-2008 2:21 AM In reply to

The app is very good, and is certain to drive people to iTunes as their music and movie organizing software. I'm kind of surprised that Apple waited this long, particularly as it's very similar to what Signal and Remote Buddy have been delivering for a year.

If you have an iPod Touch, you can still use Remote. You have to buy the iPhone 2.0 software version for Touch. Just go to apple.com (or your national suffix) to go through the motions. Costs 9.99 US (big surprise.)

You can then "buy" Remote from the AppStore - it's free, but it's the same process. You can also use most of the other app's now available on your Touch.

I used Remote Buddy because there wasn't an alternative, but so far Apple's native solution seems faster, and has all the features I need. It also seems to be kinder on the battery. which is always a good thing.

The next thing I want is hardware control. There have been several solutions suggested, I have even seen a prototype that looked very promising. Yesterday, I noticed something called IControl (I-love-control) available through the AppStore, but they want to send an installer home to me, and that shouldn't be necessary.

Note that Remote hasn't been released to all markets yet, but should be shortly.

• 07-12-2008 9:57 AM In reply to

Wow! Remote is far faster with my system and also gives a volume control so is even better. Using an iTouch though am going to get the new iPhone as sick of my Blackberry. I take it that this will work with PCs as well - should anyone have one of those! Laughing
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)