in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2008 12:15 PM by limono. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2008 11:03 AM

DVD connection (RCA video in) on Beovision MX5000

Hi there,

I never thought I'd get a TV but friend of mine gave me a semi working MX5000 relikt ;) He said that it doesn't always power in  (cliks but no picture) Probably some capacitor is just about to expire on PSU board but this is not a main question I'd like to ask.

Unfortunately he lost the manual and since I only want to use it as a monitor for my DVD player how the heck I make that connection meaning activate RCA "video in" socket to accept the signal from DVD? I have beolink 1000 remote.

Thanks & regards, L

• 07-10-2008 1:28 AM In reply to

Re: DVD connection (RCA video in) on Beovision MX5000

So , nobody knows how to connect DVD player to MX500 ?? Did I ask on wrong forum?

Regards, L

• 07-10-2008 7:12 AM In reply to

it will get more attention in the general forum, you might repost there. I do not have the MX5000 but typically if you click menu on the remote, under settings or options you configure the source (i.e. Video, I don't think the BL1000 has DVD)  and then you assign there also what input to use.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 07-10-2008 7:18 AM In reply to

Both user manual and service manual are available for this TV on the main beoworld website, this is for silver and gold members only though.

I just looked at the user manual, to me it seems it has only one scart connection so you would need a converter cable which you can find on EBAY I think. Then if you press A/V or video on the remote it probably jumps right to using that connnection.

Good luck and welcome to beoworld.

JK 

• 07-10-2008 12:18 PM In reply to

Thank you for replying. My Beo MX5000 might be some US version because it also has RCA audio (left , right) and video input as well as outputs . It also has scart connections. AV button on remote doesn't seem to do anything.

Regards, L 

• 07-10-2008 5:15 PM In reply to

is there a menu button on the remote? That shold bring you into setup options somehow.  with later B&O you typically have to assign the input port to the source.

• 07-10-2008 9:17 PM In reply to

Yes there is a menu button with "connections" option but it only shows the connection to scart inputs not to RCA inputs . AV button should allow to connect RCA's but it doesn't do anything. Gotta love that set ;0)
  • 07-10-2008 10:15 PM In reply to

Alright , I'm half successful with this . I didn't notice a small print on the bottom under a row of  RCA inputs outputs . It is an AV2 input and I was able to program VCR on this and it sort of work when I push VCR buttom (but not always -remote must be old ) Bitter part is the picture is a little distorted along horizontal lines and there are some smudges on the lines. Probably more capacitors about to expire. I may have to buy service manual after all. Regards, L

• 07-10-2008 10:24 PM In reply to

I think the AV would expect the signal from scart since its designed for use with the Beocord VHS.

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=931

see specs.

Are there any other sources in that menu?

You could also try going after a scart cable, you cant get them in stores but there are plenty on ebay. Give it a few days, we have the knowledge here I am sure.

Actually, if you search here you will find that member Burantek got it to work some how. Maybe just shoot him a PM.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/57787.aspx

Cheers

JK 

• 07-10-2008 10:26 PM In reply to

on it!

is this a dvd1? 

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-12-2008 7:07 PM In reply to

No ,its a Sony DVD. I programmed it on AV2 input (which are RCA in -out) and I'm able to watch movies. Only those distorted horizontal lines (stretched ) need to be addresed .

Is the  manual for this version (with RCA's) is available ??

Regards, L

Also if anybody have list of Electrolytic caps in the TV on hand that would be neat ;0)

TIA

• 07-13-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

Manuals are not available here for the US version, however there is a 15 page document written by somebody who exchanged all the capacitors. it;s only for gold silver though.

You may just give B&O a call or shoot them an email through their website. they might have one for you.

cheers

jk 

• 07-13-2008 5:25 PM In reply to

Smile

I use a non-B&O DVD player on my MX5000.  To access it with my Beolink 1000 remote I first press SHIFT, and then press CD.  Not at the same time.  I have the dvd plugged into the rca input for the sound, and an s-video for the video.  The s-video is self detecting on this tv.

As for the lines...this is exactly what mine was doing on both VTAPE and DVD and the TV.  It was only capacitors.  After I brought it to the local B&O repair depot, it came back with an image as clean and clear as new, really quite shockingly so!  Wasn't cheap (450 canadian), but I fiqure I'll use the tv for years until the caps wear out again.

Guy

• 07-14-2008 2:17 PM In reply to

Guy , Thank you

Somehow the S-video is not self detecting on my MX5000 and Sound on TV's Rca also doesn't work after SHIFT , CD press. Did you have to set it up in "Connections " menu ?

Good news about those caps, although (since I'm not B&O diehard ;) for $450 I'd rather buy a nice LCD . But the plus is that this set is sooo heavy that I don't have to woory about theft at all.

Regards, L

• 07-17-2008 7:54 PM In reply to

OK...for the menu, I use set up code 4, press play, then scroll to find vtape, press play, and then scroll to find CDV, press play.  Then it asks if you accept the changes press play.

Give it go and see!

Guy

• 07-18-2008 12:01 AM In reply to

OK!, Thanks!

I Did like you said. I can get picture and some sound on SHIFT CD now, but only on RCA video cable. S-video still doesn't work . Audio input sensitivity is very low so I can hear only wisper like dialogs (not crucial ,I can and use separate amp for front speakers.)

REgards, L

• 07-19-2008 8:20 AM In reply to

Well...do you need to tell your dvd player to send the video thru s-video?  I'm pretty well tapped for suggestions!  Keep trying though.

Guy

• 07-19-2008 7:37 PM In reply to

I don't know if this is the same for US-models, but on the European models you can activate/deactivate s-video by pressing [SHIFT] [9]

• 07-26-2008 11:59 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

Unfortunately none of the advice given regarding European sets will be relevant to a North American MX. The good news is that we have *both* the Service and the regular manuals available for silver/gold members. The Service Guide is currently mis-filed under the European MX5000, but I'll see if Van can fix that for us. The User Guide should be online as well, if it isn't I'll have it uploaded...
  • 08-02-2008 12:15 PM In reply to

OK thanks ! Seems like I need to upgrade my membership to be able to use B&O TV ;0)

Regards, L 

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)