in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-17-2008 7:05 AM by Dude1. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2008 7:48 AM

BV7 32 Any Known Issues

Apparently the BV7 40 has issues with a white flash etc etc, does this apply to the 32 as well?

Also, does the 32 have the patch for 24P thing?

Thanks

• 07-08-2008 8:09 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 32 Any Known Issues

timhanna:

Apparently the BV7 40 has issues with a white flash etc etc, does this apply to the 32 as well?

Also, does the 32 have the patch for 24P thing?

Thanks

The biggest issue with the BV7-32 is that it is not based on the Beosystem3, so it has no HDMI inputs, only one DVI. I was the owner of the BV7-32 before my 7-40, and there is no comparison in picture quality between the 2.

I did not notice any white flashes with my 32, but then, i only hat a PC connected via DVI. No PS3 or other HD equipment since it doesnt have any HDMI inouts.

/Weebyx

• 07-08-2008 8:20 AM In reply to

I know what you mean, I thought that there were, but 'luckily' for me, the one they gave me was faulty and so its being returned.

I told my dealer that i was really unhappy and angry and he offered me a brand new 32'' for 6100 and a new 40'' for 8000. Both with the stands and BL7-4.

Add to that the 500 GBP Trade in for an Avant. However, im not really excited anymore. Since all the 'magic' has gone. It will feel like the new BV7 is just waiting to fail on me, just like the other one.

Although i could afford the BV7 40, im not really entertaining it because the price. I rather get a 32 and hae the extra £2K to spend on a new pair of speakers. Regarding the DVI input, its rubbish, i know, but i can get the GEFEN thing that allows that 1 DVI to take 4 HDMIs, ovviously i will need a seperate cable for the audio.

Is this possible with the AppleTV, can i use HDMI for video only and the Digital Audio out for the sound?

Ive been looking at the B&O Site and i cant find another TV that i would really want to buy.

• 07-08-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

Ignoring the fact that I believe a new model may be on its way the major issues with BV 7-32 are:

i) Lack of HDMI and only one DVI. This means that you will need to feed audio in through the digital inputs (but see below). Clearly also as highlighted above you may need something like the Gefen product to allow more than one source to be connected to the DVI

ii) Digital input - to this day and despite various software updates I only appear to be able to input 5.1 audio. Stereo audio cannot go in via the digital inputs but has to go via L&R component or scart. This can be very frustrating with PS3 and Apple TV. For instance I have been unable to get audio on an SACD played on the PS3 yet.

iii) Apple TV cannot support HDMI for video and another connection for audio as far as I can see. I therefore connected video and audio using component. This works well though the Apple TV DAC seems fairly limited. An external DAC is probably my next purchase.

On the whole a good enough TV. Picture quality good even by today's standards but beginning to show its age compared to the competition and very expensive as the price of LCD TV's continue to freefall.

• 07-08-2008 11:51 AM In reply to

I think thats the fairest summary of the bv7 32, thanks KENMAC.

What im thinking to do is negotiate with my dealer to pass on the BL7-4 and go for the BV7-40 instead. In the meantime use my existing BLs.

Seriously, B&O LCDs are rediculously overpriced!

• 07-16-2008 8:30 AM In reply to

KENMAC:

Ignoring the fact that I believe a new model may be on its way the major issues with BV 7-32 are:

i) Lack of HDMI and only one DVI. This means that you will need to feed audio in through the digital inputs (but see below). Clearly also as highlighted above you may need something like the Gefen product to allow more than one source to be connected to the DVI

ii) Digital input - to this day and despite various software updates I only appear to be able to input 5.1 audio. Stereo audio cannot go in via the digital inputs but has to go via L&R component or scart. This can be very frustrating with PS3 and Apple TV. For instance I have been unable to get audio on an SACD played on the PS3 yet.

iii) Apple TV cannot support HDMI for video and another connection for audio as far as I can see. I therefore connected video and audio using component. This works well though the Apple TV DAC seems fairly limited. An external DAC is probably my next purchase.

On the whole a good enough TV. Picture quality good even by today's standards but beginning to show its age compared to the competition and very expensive as the price of LCD TV's continue to freefall.

Ad.1. Correct, this is anoying when you absolutly need to connect your 2 gameconsols, STB etc. However, i have no need for more than the DVI.

Ad 2. Yes, you will only be able to hear digital 5.1 through your digital input but it is possible to connect analoge aswell having sound without problems.

Ad 3. My appleTV is connected with HDMI to DVI and analoge for sound. No need to use component. After having updated my STB list, i control appleTV with my Beo4. Very Nice.

I am VERY satisfied with my BV 7-32 as i have no need for all the fancy connections. However, i am considering upgrading to 7-40 to get a larger screen and BS3. Waiting for the blueray 100 hz version in 1Q 2009 though. 

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-16-2008 9:17 AM In reply to

Ehlerz:
    KENMAC:

Ad.1. Correct, this is anoying when you absolutly need to connect your 2 gameconsols, STB etc. However, i have no need for more than the DVI.

Ad 2. Yes, you will only be able to hear digital 5.1 through your digital input but it is possible to connect analoge aswell having sound without problems.

Ad 3. My appleTV is connected with HDMI to DVI and analoge for sound. No need to use component. After having updated my STB list, i control appleTV with my Beo4. Very Nice.

I am VERY satisfied with my BV 7-32 as i have no need for all the fancy connections. However, i am considering upgrading to 7-40 to get a larger screen and BS3. Waiting for the blueray 100 hz version in 1Q 2009 though. 

And why shouldnt you be, its a great tv. However, the lack of the features that you dont need is no excuse! Its unheard of to pay so much money for a tv that doesnt have HDMI!!! Its like buying a brand new S600 mercedes benz, bullet-proof with plastic covers for alloys! Poor finishing for sky high prices

• 07-16-2008 10:29 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

And why shouldnt you be, its a great tv. However, the lack of the features that you dont need is no excuse! Its unheard of to pay so much money for a tv that doesnt have HDMI!!! Its like buying a brand new S600 mercedes benz, bullet-proof with plastic covers for alloys! Poor finishing for sky high prices

We know, we've been discussing this since around Autumn 2007. My advice is: do NOT buy. Unless we make a stand and stop buying TVs that are not 'worth' the investment, no-one at B&O will be any wiser. If they see a huge drop in sales, they'll get the new BV7-32 more quickly.

• 07-17-2008 7:05 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

As i understand it, one of the biggest known issues for all BangVisions is that they induce a severe addiction to watching disorder.Party!!!

Mine does anyway....

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)