in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-19-2008 1:31 PM by schatzoy. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2008 6:33 AM In reply to

Re: Has Anyone Considered a TV Other Than a B&O

Re Soundprojector, Why would you want two surround sound options running side by side,  I phoned Bryan at my dealer as well and he said plug the soundprojector into digital out and the Bang & Olufsen speakers into the RS232

Regarding low level I have tried this last night and it worked fine I have had no problem with the rear channel dropping out, maybe i listen to films with too many explosions! but all we have connected is the Beolabs and normal TV or films is fine, If you have any questions they are more than happy to answer them and probably give more precise answers than me! They are more interesting in helping than selling you stuff and are very approachable, say you were talking to Scott with the Vmax.

BS

• 07-11-2008 7:11 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Great! Thanks a lot!!
  • 07-11-2008 8:37 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Bikerscotty,

Do you still use the Beo4 or only the Loewe remote ? 

• 07-11-2008 8:47 AM In reply to

I use the aluminium Assist 1, its the new upgrade that came out which I can control my Sky HD with, we use the Beo4 with the Beosound 1 in our conservatory.

BS

• 07-11-2008 11:10 AM In reply to

bikerscotty:

Re Soundprojector, Why would you want two surround sound options running side by side,  I phoned Bryan at my dealer as well and he said plug the soundprojector into digital out and the Bang & Olufsen speakers into the RS232

Regarding low level I have tried this last night and it worked fine I have had no problem with the rear channel dropping out, maybe i listen to films with too many explosions! but all we have connected is the Beolabs and normal TV or films is fine, If you have any questions they are more than happy to answer them and probably give more precise answers than me! They are more interesting in helping than selling you stuff and are very approachable, say you were talking to Scott with the Vmax.

BS

Thanks for the hint with the digital out. The reason I want to have the BL8000 and BL2 running alongside with the soundprojector is because the labs are about 3 m to the right from the TV connected to a BS9000. So if I listened to the labs only it would sound strange with the sound coming from the far end.

Actually I do not even want to use the BL8000, I just need the BL2 to support the Soundprojector which lacks bass.

• 07-12-2008 5:53 AM In reply to

Ah right I get that now! I suppose it makes sense, I double checked by emailing the guys to check you post and they say that should work fine. and to call with any qiestions.
  • 07-19-2008 11:04 AM In reply to

• Peroxide
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2007
    • Gran Canaria-Spain / Sweden
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

I have an Loewe Compose 52" as well... I'm planning on connecting my BeoLab 8000's to the TV (and more BeoLabs too in the future).

Been doing some research and came across this cable: http://www.av-connection.dk/?PGr=1760&ML=328

It has an Powerlink DIN in one end, and phono + trigger in the other... so by connecting with this means that the speaker's on/off-function will act just like it was connected to a B&O system.

The ony thing is that you will have to change the little white "box" on the Loewe Audio Link adapter to a 3,5mm female mini-jack.

Check out this gallery for some pictures from a guy that has done this: http://www.minhembio.com/beomac/164461

And as for sound from Blu-Rays, DTS-HD etc... I don't think the surround module in the Loewe supports that, but it does however support PCM... so just set your Blu-Ray player to output as Linear PCM and it shouldn't be a problem :)

• 07-19-2008 1:31 PM In reply to

Very nice pics and a fantastic combo of the IC52 and BL3. Love the set-up. Must be great to watch movies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2