in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-08-2008 3:30 AM by Jerryatrick. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2008 9:30 AM

B&O latest profit warning

B&O latest profit warning:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7493020.stm

Times are hard and likely to get harder.  What can they do to turn themselves around?

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 07-07-2008 9:42 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Re: B&O latest profit warning

Times certainly will get harder. With regards to your question, as alluded to in the BBC article, the price of their TVs is a bad joke which even seriously wealthy customers do not find funny. They need to slash TV prices and come up with ipod friendly audio to augment their superb range of speakers.

Cheers

Nigel    

• 07-07-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

• Sappo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

• 07-07-2008 12:44 PM In reply to

I also seriously doubt that the rising food prices affect the luxury electronic sales. If you can afford a 15.000 pound TV, you are probably not worrying about the price of a loaf of bread. I know I don't. Nevertheless they do worry about the question if an investment in an expensive TV is worth it. In these times with rapidly changing technical developments you can expect to get something better in a year or so. That is what's keeping me away from investing in a Beovision 7.40 for example and keeping my 2001 Avant for some time longer. 

• 07-07-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

How to save Bang & Olufsen? I've said it before and I'll say it again:

http://www.redferret.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/mrclockradio_small.jpg

The longer they wait, the worse it will be. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-07-2008 5:22 PM In reply to

At this moment I'm still expecting figures in black... But it's gonna be a bloody black... So still a profit... But it's gonna be a very tough end of year and 2009!

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 07-07-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

I guess the sheep where on summer holiday in the south of France and missed this scoop.
  • 07-08-2008 3:30 AM In reply to

Yep!  Confirmed in today's Daily Telegraph.  What can they do?  Produce quality goods at a reasonable price & just remember that customers, (a fickle lot), pay their salaries.

John

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)