in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2007 8:06 AM by marcus. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2007 4:12 PM

DVDs and CDs - Rack options?

Any solutions for storing 200-300 DVDs and about 100 CDs? I seem to recall seeing some very nice CD racks several years ago in B&O shops but for some reason they no longer exist. Were they made by B&O before or sourced from somewhere else? Either way, I need to find a sensible solution that is going to match the quality and design of my B&O equipment throughout the house. DVDs are a priority over CDs for the moment. Would be grateful for any pointers to recommended companies.

With thanks, Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 05-09-2007 4:23 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: DVDs and CDs - Rack options?

Not really what you're looking for but as an option .... we have all our CD's/ DVD's put into albums (the boxes are safely packed away in the attic) they just live in a cupboard. It makes finding and choosing so much easier. The cover notes are in the album as well so you know where to put them back (kids!).

cheers,

kevin 

• 05-09-2007 4:42 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

There's nothing like flaunting a big CD/DVD collection! Big Smile I've got too many CDs at the moment, they're kind of piled lazily on top of the racks! B&O did actually make some racks at one point, and still do. Are you talking about the one they have in Bath? I'm not sure if they're available any more, I doubt it... The glass shelves are, along with the aluminium 'waves'. I have a glass shelve for my CDs which don't fit in the rack - Thom Yorke & Hotel Costes etc...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-09-2007 4:43 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-09-2007 5:02 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Morgan posted this link in another thread on the forum. I think they look very practical and good:
    http://www.puntmobles.es/UK/product/1/p1a.html

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-09-2007 5:10 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I am on the look-out for some nice DVD racks myself, and the best thing I have found so far is the Montana solutions, but I haven't bought them as I am still hoping to find something better. Personally I don't like putting them in albums like Kevin mentions, but this was also what my B&O dealer suggested. He also told me that they don't make any of the CD racks anymore, which I think is a shame, as I really like these and have a few of the different models. What I don't understand is that I don't recall much advertisement for them when they were made.
  • 05-09-2007 7:28 PM In reply to

• stevo4
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

CD? What's that? Smile 

Soon, everything will be on SD Cards, etc. Sort of like kids these days saying what is a Record, Cassette Tape or 8 Track?

s

• 05-09-2007 7:42 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The Beonic Man:

Any solutions for storing 200-300 DVDs and about 100 CDs? I seem to recall seeing some very nice CD racks several years ago in B&O shops but for some reason they no longer exist. Were they made by B&O before or sourced from somewhere else? Either way, I need to find a sensible solution that is going to match the quality and design of my B&O equipment throughout the house. DVDs are a priority over CDs for the moment. Would be grateful for any pointers to recommended companies.

With thanks, Simon.

We do have a couple of A3 Storage Ladders coming up for grabs in the forthcoming Monthly Prize Draws! Hopefully, your friends can stop dropping your Harley on the floor and join BeoWorld in order to win you one as a present to say sorry!!  Tongue Tied

I also bought a PRISTINE complete BeoSystem 6500 c/w Mint MCP6500 for the August 2007 draw today! Big Smile

Happy days!!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-09-2007 9:28 PM In reply to

I was looking for a simialr solution but just for DVDs, I found one that I liked as being more industrial in appearance since they are made of stainless steel.  

http://www.metalixx.com/cdstorage.html  Not sure of your taste, but an idea is an idea.Smile

I can't recall where they are located (not in the USA).

Good Luck and if you find something that works please share!

Roger

• 05-10-2007 3:36 AM In reply to

That looks interesting Roger and I note that the company are in Cheshire, UK. I particularly like the design patterns along the sides although I am not too sure about the stainless steel polished look but it is a consideration still, thanks.

Thanks to all those who have posted with your suggestions. There are some interesting pieces (in wood) on the Argos website http://www.argos.co.uk for those also looking for CD/DVD racks. I quite like the corner piece that revolves and holds over 300 DVDs.

Cheers, Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 05-10-2007 4:03 AM In reply to

Why not a storage system like this one ?

"Shelf X" by Mr. Naoto Fukasawa for BeB Italia (http://www.bebitalia.it)

HTH. 

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-10-2007 4:29 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

• 05-10-2007 6:31 AM In reply to

Puncher:

Hmm, even if I was rich, I'm not sure I'd buy something that looked like that for dvd/cd storage. What is wrong with just a simple bookshelf -  whether modern stainless steel job, or simply traditional wooden design

• 05-10-2007 6:36 AM In reply to

How about getting something custom made. Personally I can't bear to see my CDs as I have over 900, so they are racked in a storage room adjacent to my lounge.
  • 05-10-2007 7:27 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

You could always have them made to your preference:

http://www.montana.dk  - they're Danish too. Wink

• 05-10-2007 8:06 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

If you want wall-mounted rather than free-standing, try Bookworm by Kartell (designed by Ron Arad in 1994). It's totally flexible (literally) and can store up to 11m of books, CDs or DVDs.

http://www.nest.co.uk/product/bookworm/?PHPSESSID=8e3ccaf6ddf36b800d3909fd602b80d8

or try the Kartell site at http://www.kartell.it

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)