in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-06-2008 4:27 AM by sveifors. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2008 5:26 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Claim your Prizes!!

I shouldn't really have to be saying this, but all of a sudden people have stopped bothering to claim their prizes from the BeoWorld Prize Draw..  Yes, i know - it's crazy!

We didn't have one single unclaimed prize for 9 draws, and from there on we have seen 2, 3 and then 4 prizes unclaimed.. The current draw has had 3 emails returned, leaving 70% of prizes unclaimed so far. I used to get emails within hours of the draw - now it's not the case!

I go to a great deal of effort to enable the draw to happen, and without sounding like a moaner - it's not really my job to hassle and chase people in order to give them their free prizes!!  I assume some emails don't get through due to spam filtration perhaps, but would it be too much to ask to click a button once a month to open the prizes tab and see if you've won anything?

Anyway - this isn't a moan, i really do want to give everybody their prizes and make them happy BeoWorlders - but i simply haven't got time to be chasing members and bothering them to be doing something they should be doing themselves already.

I am adding to the T's and C's that all prizes not claimed in 90 days (that's three months - which is ample) will be re-entered in a future draw. I think that's fair.

If anyone would like to check the last draw 'winner list', it's on the 'PRIZES' section of the main site at the bottom of the page, and if you would like to search previous draws, simply enter the month name and the words 'prize draw' after it. The search function will find the draw immediately, and you can read through it at your leisure.

I do send emails at the end of every draw to all the winners, and even 'cc' a copy to Peter as back-up.  All i can do is inform the winners on their registered email address - the rest is up to you guys. I do want you all to have your prizes - you deserve them for being Gold Members and supporting BeoWorld !!!

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-03-2008 5:56 PM In reply to

Re: Claim your Prizes!!

Aah, Bang & Olufsen.  Used to be desirable, now you can't give 'em away Wink

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 07-03-2008 6:03 PM In reply to

Hi there Lee!

Don't worry, you are not moaning at all. I fully understand your frustration. Of course we must expect the gold members to check out if they have won, I always follow the draws with great excitement every month myself.

I'm sorry that people are not responding, and I mean that's the least they can do in respect for all the effort you guys put into this website and the faboulus prize draw!!!

Don't let them destroy your feelings for the prize draw, and be sure that's there are lots of us beoworlders who love it and just can't wait until the next draw!!!!

Keep ut your fantastic work!!!!

Lloydern....first prize winner of februar 2008!

Anything but Beo isn't an option...3-32, Overture, DVD1, Beomedia, V8000, lab 4000, 2 x lab 2000, 2 x lab 6000 & lab 11.

• 07-03-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Lee, I fully understand you, and I don't understand the winners that don't claim there prizes. But here might be an explication:

In the June PD, I noticed there was a winner from Luxembourg and I checked in the members list who he was. There I noticed, that he had registrated in 08/07 and has been online for the last time in 11/07. I imagine that a member, that shows that much interest for the site/ forum has not given his principle email-adress to beoworld and therefor doesn't even know that he has won.

Whose fault is this? I don't know. Beoworld needs every member, even those who don't claim their prizes. But if you need to get rid of some unclaimed prizes, just send them to members that have not won so far... Wink 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-03-2008 6:40 PM In reply to

I think a personal message should do the trick, there is no spam filtering. It also notifies the sender through email but they would get it 2 different ways.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 07-03-2008 6:44 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

lloydern:

Don't let them destroy your feelings for the prize draw, and be sure that's there are lots of us beoworlders who love it and just can't wait until the next draw!!!!

Hey, nobody can destroy my feelings for the Prize Draw - and i know there are plenty of people that love it, and that includes me - even though i can't win anything!

All i am asking is that people who pay their Gold Membership check to see if they have won.  We currently have 525 Gold Members, and if we give away 10 prizes a month over 12 months, that makes 120 Prizes between 525 people. Now, i'm not a mathematician - but that makes pretty stupidly good odds of winning - so i would suggest people actually check the draw results every month!!!

Don't worry guys, i'm not on a 'downer' - i just really enjoy giving the prizes to the winners, and it's a little frustrating when the prizes are not claimed, hence this thread. I will not raise this issue again, promise. Smile

Lee

• 07-03-2008 6:48 PM In reply to

If any of the notification emails were returned it is because I have  been entering the prize draws under loads of additional user id's.  If you bundle up all the unclaimed prizes and send them to me, that will solve your problem! Devil

Simon

• 07-03-2008 6:50 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

wirralsimon:

If any of the notification emails were returned it is because I have  been entering the prize draws under loads of additional user id's.  If you bundle up all the unclaimed prizes and send them to me, that will solve your problem! Devil

Simon

Oy - don't be so dishonest. Go play with your phones.. I assume that was really you that won them??!! Surprise

LaughingLaughing 

• 07-03-2008 6:58 PM In reply to

We have the photos to prove it! Or was it jandyt in drag......?

Simon

• 07-03-2008 7:05 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

wirralsimon:

We have the photos to prove it! Or was it jandyt in drag......?

Simon

No, please, it's nearly bed-time.. i don't want nightmares. Indifferent

He looks just fine in a manly sweater and trousers thank you..

Laughing 

• 07-04-2008 4:14 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Rest assured that we are many who follow the draw and are excited to know what you have come up with for the next draw. Especially it is interesting to se what older/classic equipment you have found for the next draw.

Ceep on the good work, spreading B&O-equipment to the people.

br Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 07-04-2008 11:39 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Maybe the winners don't need the prizes? I think its crazy not to check! A nice B&O for free, no B&O fanatic would let that go surely!

Durban South Africa

• 07-04-2008 5:04 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Well Lee if when I win first prize, I can assure you you wil find me asleep on the steps of Lifestyle AV the next Morning. Unless the next day is a Sunday. Then I will find out where you live.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-05-2008 4:17 AM In reply to

Hi Lee,

Where can i find the winners of ALL previous prize draws? 

• 07-05-2008 3:34 PM In reply to

• Fil
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 90
    • Founder

I ALWAYS check, but NEVER win )-:
  • 07-05-2008 4:50 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Lee I will come down after my shift and collect all those unloved prizes, no sweat.Big Smile
    Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 07-05-2008 7:09 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Coolskin:

Hi Lee,

Where can i find the winners of ALL previous prize draws? 

Simply type in the month, and then the words 'prize draw' in the search box - this will bring up each draw, and you can read at your leisure!

Lee

Smile 

• 07-06-2008 4:27 AM In reply to

• sveifors
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North of Norway
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Hi Lee

I suggest you make a new rule:-hold the prizes in 2 or 3 months and then if no one has claimed them, draw them again amongst the other members.

Sveifors Always look on the B & O side of life
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)