in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2008 8:20 PM by PL212. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2008 12:36 PM

Penta 1's with an Avant & Overture - Input showing on the speaker LCD's??

Ok, probably a silly question from a non-techy........... ;-) as I have moved some of my B&O bits around.

One of my set-ups is an Avant with an Overture via the MCL.

Pentalab 1's using the convertor cables (2 into 1 Y cable on each Penta) that then plug into the Avants Dolby sockets.

I was using Type 1 round cables and 'upgraded' to Type 3 Data round cables but all I get on the Penta LCD's is just CD showing and not anything else!?!?!?!? As an aside I think one of the LCD's has broken as it doesn't show anything any more. :-(

Is it because they is (as per Ali G, ho hum) Penta 1's that I don't get the display showing the correct input or is something just not configured correctly?

Cheers in advance.

GUY

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 07-01-2008 1:09 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

Re: Penta 1's with an Avant & Overture - Input showing on the speaker LCD's??

This is the expected behavior -- only systems that originally included SpeakerLink send the display data in the correct format for the Penta I. You will get source but not track/station and not volume. You can however substitute newer display units, as the data signal is passed to them untouched, or contact Ridax for his next-generation display units.
  • 07-01-2008 2:05 PM In reply to

Hi, thanks for that, shouldn't the Pentas show when the TV or Video or Radio was playing as well or is it only cd they show?

Cheers

GUY

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 07-01-2008 8:20 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

I believe they were designed before the standard had expanded for TV/Video sources. As for the Radio, it should show "P1" through 6 or higher depending on what preset you are listening to. If you don't have it on a preset, it may well be blank...
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)