in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-04-2009 3:44 PM by burantek. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2008 9:43 AM

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Anyone dealt with Ridax?

You may see my other posting re' installing a Philips Mp3 into my CD4500. In it I refer to a Ridax cable with CPU which may permit control of an iPod with my Beo4.

Has anyone ever used one to control an iPod or ordered anything from Ridex? Their website is not best-ever in my opinion and an email I sent to them regarding ordering procedure has so far gone unanswered.

Finally their site says that for Europe, 25% VAT will be added. Where do they get this figure from I wonder? They appear to be based in the US. 

• 07-01-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Anyone dealt with Ridax?

I bought the famous ridax ipod docking station - works great. And as he (Mikael) is a Beolink 7000 expert I got a 7000 floor stand in nearly new condition from him. I can highly recommend him, he is a very friendly and helpful guy. He lives in Sweden. He is also a Beoworld member.

Stefan
  • 07-01-2008 10:45 AM In reply to

• Ben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2007
    • Taunton, UK
    • Posts 131
    • Silver Member

I agree with Stefan, I bought a phono cartridge from him a few years back, and he was very professional and helpful.

The 25% VAT is probably what they are taxed in Sweden, which would be applied if the sale is within the EU.

Cheers,

Ben

• 07-01-2008 11:07 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the helpful responses. Didn't realise that he is in Sweden, also didn't realise their VAT was 25% (ouch!).

Stefan, does the Beo4 switch the ipod on/off in addition to other functions?

• 07-01-2008 2:09 PM In reply to

I have and highly recommend.

• 07-01-2008 2:24 PM In reply to

Seems to be a really nice guy. Don't enough of him on Beoworld though!
  • 07-01-2008 2:35 PM In reply to

I think your will find that there is three (3) rates of VAT in Sweden as follows:-

• 25% is the standard rate
    • 21% for food
    • 12% for tourists

Regards Keith....

• 07-01-2008 3:20 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes, the ipod is switched off by pressing STANDBY. I had mine connected to A.TAPE2 socket of my BS 7000. So I could control it in N.MUSIC mode also from linkrooms. But no 2way communication via BL 5000 or 7000.......!!

It is now connected to an MCL2 AV as a local source (A.TAPE). Worked with ipod nano and now with ipod touch.....

VAT is 25% in Denmark and Sweden. 

Stefan 

• 07-01-2008 4:44 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Stefan and everyone.
  • 07-02-2008 3:10 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Keith Saunders:

I think your will find that there is three (3) rates of VAT in Sweden as follows:-

• 25% is the standard rate
    • 21% for food
    • 12% for tourists

And 6% for books.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 07-03-2008 5:41 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

stefan:
    I bought the famous ridax ipod docking station - works great. And as he (Mikael) is a Beolink 7000 expert I got a 7000 floor stand in nearly new condition from him. I can highly recommend him, he is a very friendly and helpful guy. He lives in Sweden. He is also a Beoworld member.

Stefan

I must be either doing something wrong or I am on his 'blacklist' for some reason!

I have now sent him FOUR emails to two different contact addresses shown on the Ridax web-site, yet have yet to receive any reply whatsoever. He (they) can't be very eager for business.

• 07-03-2008 5:56 AM In reply to

• darren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 164
    • Bronze Member

Maybe he is on holiday.

I have dealt with Ridax on a number of occasions and the service was excellent . He use to be reasonably active on the old beoworld and the even older beoworld. 

• 07-03-2008 7:33 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for that Darren, but surely any 'business' would have an automated 'out of office' system to respond to emails from what may be potential customers? 
  • 07-03-2008 1:13 PM In reply to

• darren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 164
    • Bronze Member

I think he sells them as more of a service, as a B&O collector, than a "business" money making venture.

I am sure there is a genuine reason for his lack of response. I also hope he is ok. I notice that he has not been on this site for 6 weeks.

• 07-03-2008 3:02 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I don`t know how eager Mikael is for business but for good living. I remember talking with him about listening to music via a BS 7000 all night long having some glasses of wine....enjoying...

Wait a few days - there are holidays in Sweden and very good weather. I think he will contact you. If not I could try to contact him for you by telephone. I know his name, address and telephone number, but I don´t want to post it here, because I don`t know whether it would be ok for him. Ok for you?

I agree with darren, the ipod docking station can`t be his main business.

Good luck

Stefan 

• 07-03-2008 3:22 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I agree with all that has been said here. I have dealt with Ridax on several occasions and always found him to be helpful, knowledgable and courteous.

I'm sure there will be a genuine reason for his lack of response so far. As Stefan and Darren have said, this isn't a business venture but more of a hobby to him so it is only fair to look at it in this light.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-03-2008 4:29 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks again Stefan and others ! I will be patient.

From what you all have said, all is good with Ridax as a business which is reassuring to know.  

• 10-29-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

• ridax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

Hi everyone,

I am picking up a really old thread here, just to let you know I am living and give yo some status of myself...

I know that some of you have been missing responses from me about different B&O related projects/products/solutions the last year.

As many of you have concluded, these B&O projects are not my "main" business.  They have mainly been done for fun as a hobby and some projects were done as a service to some other B&O users requesting these solutions.

The last year (or year and a half) I have been very busy with my "main business of living" and those of you that has visited my site and also seen the VAT rate and so on should be able to see that the B&O stuff isn't really the main business as it is not marketed at all on that site.  I am sorry that I haven't been very responsive to some of you that has been mailing me.  Some emails might have got lost (that I don't know of course) but during some periods I have not seen that I have had any time to build these projects even if someone want them.  It is also a fact that many of the solutions don't work 100% well with the iPhone or iPod touch which is because of the different menu structure of these devices, which is difficult to overcome for some technical reasons.

It has happened a few times that I have promised to make some B&O related project and that the customer have had to wait very long time before I got the time (and energy) to actually deliver.  I don't like that kind of situation, as those promises are as a constant bad conscience that doesn't increase the mood.  A mood that on a private level has been a little bit put down because of a large water leak in our house that has now taken almost a year  to finish repair.  I also know that I am easy to persuade so if I go into discussion with people about these products, they can easily convince me to promise to make them.  Something that will then be in queue and make both sides not happy.  So instead of keeping up the "sales" of these solutions, I have tried to let them sleep (I have been trying to support those that already bought units and have questions about their existing products.  I hope there is no buyer here that hasn't reached me).

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in getting anything, they are welcome if they just realize:

1.  It doesn't work 100% well with iPhone or touch.

2.  It could be a long waiting time between order and delivery as these are made during "spare time" which is uncommon having another business + 2 kids to take care of (my wife is working on her PhD research so come home very late usually).

3.  There is no promise for any future development/fixes.

4.  The different solutions are NOT sold as part of the "Ridax" site/company, it is a completely different business entity (and yes, that site doesn't look too well, which is part of the "business idea" as I feel those ordering anyhow, are better prepared for my kind of business.  Why should I look like a high street luxury store, when I am not?).

Now the house is OK again, the spirit is going a little bit up, so I will try to be more active here on Beoworld as well (I felt it took too much time to keep even with the posting rate here before).  The last year I have only been active on "House building" forums... ;)

• 10-29-2009 3:57 PM In reply to

Very good to hear from you - hope the house is even better!

• 10-29-2009 4:05 PM In reply to

ridax:
    Now the house is OK again, the spirit is going a little bit up, so I will try to be more active here on Beoworld as well (I felt it took too much time to keep even with the posting rate here before).  The last year I have only been active on "House building" forums... ;)

How timely, Ridax!

I have just had a recent transaction with him (literally in the last 48 hours)!

I can say that he was informative and professional and that I would recommend him! Yes -  thumbs up

On a personal note: I hope all is getting back on track for you, and I look forward to your return to the forum in whatever capacity!

Regards,

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-29-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hej Ridax!

Welcome back!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-29-2009 5:13 PM In reply to

Hey Ridax, greetings from Montreal, Canada!!!

Good to hear all is going well. 

Regards,

Olivier

• 10-29-2009 5:28 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Ridax - good to see you back hereSmile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-30-2009 10:56 PM In reply to

welcome back "old" friend 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-01-2009 1:41 PM In reply to

• darren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 164
    • Bronze Member

Good to see that you are well Ridax. I know how you feel as I have had a number of other things in my life over the past couple of years which has prevented me from being active on this forum. Also means that I have no B&O in my house apart from a pair of A8's. All my tv's, speakers etc are in storage in the uk :(

Once again good news that you ok.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >