in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-23-2008 5:05 PM by trojan. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2008 8:52 AM

New Store???

Just heard on "the grapevine" that the Macclesfield showroom is moving to Wilmslow. Have YOU heard anything?

• 07-01-2008 12:35 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: New Store???

That's one for the Secret Sheep...

Cool

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-01-2008 1:18 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

That's one for the Secret Sheep...

Cool

By the way.... any news from them?!?

Marcus 

• 07-01-2008 2:47 PM In reply to

• SecretSheep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2008
    • In the field outside 'The Farm' - Struer
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

Well - whilst we were munching on our grass, we did hear a cry of "how did they know that?" come from one of the rooms with an open window..

We can say no more...

SecretSheep

They think we're just eating grass....
  • 07-02-2008 1:52 AM In reply to

Good to know you're all ok. I was a bit worried that you have been caught ....
  • 07-10-2008 5:52 AM In reply to

I can confirm this as I was out shopping with the Mrs on Saturday and happened across the shop with 4 signs emblazoned in the windows!

The shop looks huge!........Cant wait to see what it looks like :)

• 07-11-2008 5:06 AM In reply to

• BeoLad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • West Midlands
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

The new Wilmslow store has nothing to do with Macclesfield its opening with a brand new owner who was working for Bang & Olufsen UK,

His name is Andrew so when it opens go and say hello and show him some support!!!!!!

He is a really nice guy and will help you out as best he can.

Cheers

• 07-11-2008 5:22 AM In reply to

That's correct with the new owner, but it is replacing the previous store in Macclesfield, and today just recieved a letter from Bang & Olufsen UK confirming this.

But yes we wish Andrew and team all the very best.

• 07-11-2008 5:53 AM In reply to

• BeoLad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • West Midlands
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

Well i stand to be corrected LOL

Andrew never said when I spoke to him last.

• 07-11-2008 9:35 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

A brand new showroom has just opened in Adelaide here in Australia which is amazing, if i had a better camera than the Serene i'd love to post pictures here, it's a store to be very proud of. It's located on one of our cities most active streets, so brand awareness should sky-rocket, very good news, considering not one person who has walked into my house so far, actually knows what the Beosounds and Beolabs (on stands) actually are - lol!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 07-11-2008 8:01 PM In reply to

I also have received a letter from B&O U.K and Steven from the macclesfield store to say he is currently in the Bramhall store, but will be going to the new store when it opens in the autumn
  • 07-12-2008 5:01 AM In reply to

shadowline:

That's correct with the new owner, but it is replacing the previous store in Macclesfield, and today just recieved a letter from Bang & Olufsen UK confirming this.

But yes we wish Andrew and team all the very best.

Indeed - Andrew is one of the good guys, so he deserves the best of luck. 

Wilmslow is central to the shopping of the "Cheshire Set", so I am sure he will be fine - One of the more recent high profile new-store openings in Wilmslow was the (now defunct) Air Bar, selling, amongst other things, puffs of pure Oxygen to the good ladies of Cheshire.  Good for the skin, allegedly.  It was frequented by one specific "posh" resident, apparently. 

People were paying for air - which is freely available outside !!!  Quite literally, money for nothing.  So money for something should be a doddle.

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 07-16-2008 6:30 PM In reply to

KingStreet:

Wilmslow is central to the shopping of the "Cheshire Set", 

Oooh! does that make me a member of the 'Cheshire Set'  as I regularly visit Greggs the bakers in Wilmslow :)

• 07-17-2008 4:28 PM In reply to

Well after all the talk about sheep and Greggs I thought it was time to join Beoworld and tell you all what's happening.

Yes Wilmslow is opening soon. I have acquired some great premises in Bank square in sunny Wilmslow, and the shop fit starts on Monday.

With a few changes in the Northwest recently Macclesfield closed as it's lease had come to an end, and Stephen who was at Macclesfield is currently running Bramhall.  Later this Summer when Wilmslow is ready to open, Bramhall will be closing and Stephen will be coming to work with me in Wilmslow.

If everything goes to plan, we should be open in 6 weeks or so by the end of August so keep an eye on Beoworld, and when I've got some photos of our progress I'll post and you'll be the first to know.

Thanks for all the great comments from Colleagues and friends, and will be back with more info soon.

Andrew

• 07-17-2008 6:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Thank you so much for the update Andrew.
    I wish you all the best in your new venture, and you can be sure I will pay you a visit sooner or later.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-17-2008 6:39 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Among all this excitement - now that you've joined Beoworld, you can also be the first bonafide dealer to (openly) also take part in Wednesdays©.

Now there is a landmark worth grabbing with both hands (and it costs you nowt)Big Smile 

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-22-2008 5:58 AM In reply to

Just passed the store, i can confirm the shop fitters are in, it's going to be very big, great news for Cheshire

• 07-22-2008 6:10 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Celebrity Central is Wilmslow (my Mum lives in Knutsford) !!  A lovely place with oodles of cash sloshing around!

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos, and when i'm up visiting i'll be sure to come in and tap you up for a coffee! Big Smile

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-22-2008 7:33 AM In reply to

I'm sure Andrew and Co will gladly make you a coffee, i'm personally in greggs,

Just passed, looking great, very big and exclusive, looks like a new B & O shop fit

• 08-01-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

Just passed, looking great, very big and exclusive, looks like a new B & O shop fit
  • 09-23-2008 2:16 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Any news on Andrew and Wilmslow yet?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-23-2008 5:05 PM In reply to

• trojan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Checkley, Staffordshire
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Hi to all,

Apparantly its now open!!

Havent had time to view as yet, but had an email form Stephen to say its here  ;-)

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)