in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-30-2008 10:15 PM by soundproof. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2008 6:01 PM

APPLE TV AND BEOVISION 7-32

I've just connected my A-TV to the beovision 7-32.

Leads are component video and audio and as a backup in frustration HDMI-DVI.

With component connection I get no picture and no audio on V-AUX. I've specified component as the HD video connection in the BV 7-32.

If I change the settings to DVI and connect the HDMI to A-TV I get video. Unfortunately Apple-TV will only output audio over HDMI and will not allow video over HDMI and audio over component.

Bitter experience suggests this is a B&O issue rather than a problem with Apple TV. Any help appreciated.

• 06-30-2008 8:16 PM In reply to

Re: APPLE TV AND BEOVISION 7-32

I do not know why component doesn't work for you, it might be that resolution is too high or not supported.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305096#step1

If you check here, the ATV should still give audio out through analogue. I think there are also special cables that go HDMI to DVI and split off the audio as well ....

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-30-2008 10:15 PM In reply to

Re: APPLE TV AND BEOVISION 7-32

As jk1002 writes, you have several options.

DVI is the video portion of an HDMI-signal, and is usually preferable to component.

The AppleTV outputs audio both in analog and digital form through the minijack OUT port in the back, that audio is synchronized with the image. If you want multi-channel playback (which is available for HD-movies) then using the optical out is a good option. You'd then need an optical s/pdif to coax s/pdif converter.

Have you checked the audio OUT settings in your AppleTV? Are they set right for what you want to do?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)