in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2008 7:17 AM by Dillen. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2008 7:24 AM

Ebay Pain Once Again

Hi:

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice regarding this:

Sold a Nintendo Wii on Ebay a while ago, monies recieved, customer happy. I refuse to use Paypal and so waited for the reminder email from Ebay to pay the listing fess. I think it was something like £11. Setup the bank transfer thing. I was really annoyed with the tone of Ebay's correspondence - namely, you must pay this otherwise we will suspend your account and your debt will be passed to a debt collector. I understand that some people are dodgy but as I have had my account since 2002 and my feedback is very good I would have thought they would have been a bit more sensible.

Anyhow, I have setup the bank funding but as Ebay only take funds out of my account once a month they will have to wait until July's payment. They are not happy about this and are still sending generic yet rude emails. Can I risk waiting till next month or will they close my account?

I understand the need to pay the amount due - I have setup the funding for this. However, I do not like thier rudeness.

• 06-30-2008 7:43 AM In reply to

• zazouzt
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • near Strasbourg/France
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Re: Ebay Pain Once Again

Hi,

wasn't this a Spam  ?

i received also a mail with "inhabitual"  words, but i didn't answer.

i wanted to send this mail to Ebay, but i forgot it and deleted it.

you could make it  (Secutity center - report a problem)

Best regards

Zazou

• 06-30-2008 7:53 AM In reply to

Hi:

I am pretty sure it is official as I know I owe the money:

We did not yet receive your payment for eBay fees. A balance of GBP11.62 is now due on your seller account ***** with User ID ************. Fees are charged for eBay listings and services.

Please follow the instructions below to review your account and to pay your outstanding fees of GBP11.62. If your account becomes overdue, your ability to bid and list will be restricted within a few days. You can pay via PayPal, credit card or cheque.

IMPORTANT: If you pay by cheque you must write your account ID on the back of your cheque. Your account ID is *******

Here's how to check your account status and make a payment:

1. Go to the eBay.co.uk homepage.
    2. Click on "My eBay" at the top of the page. You may be asked to sign in.
    3. Click on "Seller Account" on your My eBay page. This is located on the left-hand side, under the heading "My Account".
    4. Follow the prompts on this page to review your Account Status, and select a method to pay your eBay fees.

If you do not have access to your account or prefer not to pay online, please post your payment to the address below. Please note that these take longer to be processed than online payments. When sending your payment, please include a copy of this notice and write your account ID ****** on the cheque.

EIAG Accounts
    c/o Citibank European Lockbox
    P.O. Box 4341
    Worthing BN13 1WY
    United Kingdom

Reference: Your account **********

For more information on paying your eBay fees, please copy the following link into a new browser window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/payfees.html

If you have already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message. If you have any queries or require assistance, you can contact us from any eBay Help page.

If you have already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message. If you have any queries or require assistance, you can contact us from any eBay Help page.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay
    ________

Thanks

Graham

• 07-01-2008 11:05 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Hi Graham

1.  I would edit your posts to remove your ebay account id number 

2.  If you sell anything on ebay now you must have a paypal account. This stinks and has been classed as unlawful in other countries (Australia, I think) but that's how it is at the moment in the UK. If you have a paypal account you can pay your ebay fees via paypal and it doesn't cost you anything to do so - you only pay on money coming into you paypal account, and you can always state in your listings that you prefer cheque, cash, whatever.

Cheers

Nigel 

• 08-30-2008 2:34 AM In reply to

hi.

i'm pretty sure this is spam.  the link listed is an ebay link, but it is spoofed.  if you roll over it, you see that it directs to a site that is NOT pages.ebay.co.uk.  when you click it, your browser shows pages.ebay.co.uk, but that is not where it goes.  

Never click links in an email.  ebay never sends out links that way.  simply go to ebay and log in rather than clicking the link.  if it is a real ebay message it should be in your messages section under MyEbay. 

• 08-30-2008 2:50 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I agree, clearly phishing !

Martin

• 08-30-2008 3:04 AM In reply to

I have taken off your details!
  • 08-30-2008 3:27 AM In reply to

Well, ebayrtm.com certainly is a domain owned by eBay, and the redirect to http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/payfees.html is as valid as can be (yes, I checked it with other means than a browser).

Nevertheless, I'd still never do anything through email links, however genuine they might be. All the required operations should be available just as well through your eBay account.

Edit: and I certainly wouldn't send cheques anywhere!

-mika

• 08-30-2008 7:17 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yes, direct your browser directly to Ebay by typing www.ebay... in the address field. Log in and check it that way.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)