in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-30-2008 10:11 AM by Russ. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2008 11:26 AM

Home theater with Beo Sound 9000 & Beo Lab 1 speakers

How can I use Beo Sound 9000 with Beo Lab 1 speakers for home theater with a non B&O DVD Player and a LCD TV ?
    Filed under:
  • 06-29-2008 12:10 PM In reply to

Re: Home theater with Beo Sound 9000 & Beo Lab 1 speakers

Alex,

There are two ways to go about this.

1. If you truly mean Home Theater, you will require a surround sound processor of some sort. Bang & Olufsen makes a terrific one, but you can use another brand. Simply make sure that it has dedicated Pre-Amp Outputs. The BeoSound 9000 will connect to the Surround Sound Processor using an Aux Adaptor as any other CD player would. You will need PowerLink dummy plugs for the PowerLink sockets to the output to work properly. The BeoLab 1s will connect via single RCA cables to the Pre-Amp Outputs for the front right and left channels. Other speakers would fill in for the center, rears, and sub, or you could simply leave it on two channel.

2. Otherwise, if your question simply implies that you wish to leave the BeoLab 1s and the BeoSound 9000 as a set and play televisions sound through it, this could be tricky and not nearly as elegant to operate as the first option. Since you have at least the two sources you've mentioned (television & DVD) and the BeoSound 9000 has only one Aux input, you'll need to use a switcher of some type. You'll also need to ensure that your television has a line out like the DVD player.

You must remember that the BeoSound 9000 is an audio device and was designed to handle audio tasks, which would not include video. That being said, anything is possible, but I always try and adjust my clients' expectations when going outside the recommended use.

Good luck!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-30-2008 6:18 AM In reply to

Thank you for your advice. I will explore the B&O suround sound processor first, which may simplify my issue. Will contact you further when I am ready to make the change. Thx.

Alex

• 06-30-2008 9:24 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

alexv9999:

Thank you for your advice. I will explore the B&O suround sound processor first, which may simplify my issue. Will contact you further when I am ready to make the change. Thx.

Alex

B&O has as far as I know not produced a Surround processor as a stand alone. They are a part of the TV.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 06-30-2008 10:11 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Christian,

I'm pretty certain that Trip is referring to the BeoSystem 3,  which (without launching into an exhaustive description) can be most easily understood as a 'surround sound processor'.

Alexv, you should definitely check into it!

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)