in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-29-2008 1:54 PM by Peterlem. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2008 5:19 PM

Beovision 8 experience, does anyone here own one?

Please tell me your thoughts on BV8, preferably from people who own them as I'm looking into getting one. Having spoken to my dealer they're supposedly releasing a BV8-40 next year. Please share your experiences or post pictures of your BV8 setup, I'm interested.
  • 06-28-2008 9:47 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 8 experience, does anyone here own one?

There are few that have it. I am happy with mine. Was a bit of a compromise, I would have preferred BC6 or BV7 32 - not available in the US and the chassis are a bit outdated on both (one HDMI is not a lot but still better then one DVI buddies).

Just watch out that you get everything that you need connected. 

I have BC2, Apple TV, a Wii and left the component port open for future cable TV tuner ....

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-29-2008 4:47 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

You don't want to hear about my BV8-26 experience. I don't think I'm 'allowed' to post the details here. I'm still waiting for B&O to come back to me with some answers about why the experience was so poor. Still waiting.

However, I can tell you the picture was better than I expected, even though I'm used to a HD source on my BV7-40. Sound was very good, but a little 'boomy' for me. I turned the bass right now.

• 06-29-2008 8:12 AM In reply to

Hi,

BV8 is a fantastic good TV. Have a great sound and a nice picture. But  why is there no clock, and why it is not possible to connect a module for suroundsound in BV8? 

I have connect BL8000, Apple TV, DVD, STB to my BV8  

Edde 

• 06-29-2008 9:09 AM In reply to

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/storage/20/94964/IMG00250.jpg

picture is here .... it was right after I got it so the cables were not hidden .... now they are and I added the Wii and an Apple TV. 

• 06-29-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

Actuallly I think it is perfectly fine  Moxxey if you post what went wrong. I think for some it works out well, for some not. SHould be OK to post both sites since this is an independent forum.

• 06-29-2008 9:42 AM In reply to

Please share, good or bad I would like to hear them :)
  • 06-29-2008 9:44 AM In reply to

jk1002, that looks ace.
  • 06-29-2008 1:21 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Billywicks,

I have one (a BV8 32") that I have hooked up to a DVR / HD cable box as well as an Apple TV.  jk1002, Soundcheck, Alex, and others helped me hook it up.  I'm very pleased with the BV8's PQ.  I'm an Apple nut, and I'm gradually matriculating to only using an Apple TV with high speed internet (and getting rid of my cable and cable box).  I've had the oppurtunity to see a lot plasma and LCD screens in use, and I'm really happy with the BV8.  I'm using a BV8 with BL3s connected to an Apple TV for most of music and video playback and I think it the ideal "minimalistic" set-up.  The DAC in the BV8 is sufficient to give good sound through the BL3s and my experiment in making a "digital hub" sans receiver / amp / etc. has worked.  When a bigger BV7 comes out, I'm going to buy one from Alex and put the BV8 in the bedroom.

Incidentally, the BV8's speakers are what really separate it from the competition.  Also, though it has an older Sharp LCD panel in it (supposedly with a slower flicker rate), I've been incredibly impressed with the "film-like" quality of the images (even non-HD), and I've never experienced any artifacts with motion in action films.

Just my .02,

MarkD 

Mark D
  • 06-29-2008 1:54 PM In reply to

I have a black BV8 in my daughters bedroom, the picture and sound quality is good and it links to the rest of the house for CD/Radio and Sky HD.  It even doesn't seem to get as dusty as the rest of the things in her bedroom! I haven't used it as a monitor as I use a BV6-22 so I cannot tell you how it performs here but as a link room TV it is very good.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)