in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-29-2008 5:41 AM by wirralsimon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2008 5:04 PM

Beovox 2702 & Beolab 1700 + Ipod?

I have recently been scrounging around in my fathers old posetions, and came across these two B&O products from about 30 years back. Got them out and hooked them up then realised i had no input for them. Since i know the speakers will be of a very high quality i wondered is there a way to hook up this old set up to say a cd player or ipod? There are several pics as an attchment. I would be extremely greatfull for any help on this matter as i myself have no experties and am almost completely cluesless?Huh?

• 06-28-2008 5:17 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovox 2702 & Beolab 1700 + Ipod?

This should help. The speakers certainly are very good indeed, although the bass driver foam surrounds will have almost certainly perished, making them unusable. Not to worry though, as they can be easily repaired, and the BeoVoxes of this period generally perform very well. I have personally never used them myself, but simply going from their very strong reputation, Recone Labs seem the best bet.

Definitely worth looking at! The BeoVoxes may not be rare, but they're something you'll definitely enjoy if you can get them up and working perfectly.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-28-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Welcome to BeoworldSmile,

very nice indeed! You can connect an ipod via the tape input socket but you'll require a 3.5mm jack to 5 pin DIN adaptor cable, there are loads on ebay.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-29-2008 5:41 AM In reply to

A warm welcome to Beoworld!

You can buy the adaptors from Maplin as well as ebay.

I have a Beolab 1700  in my study, it's a nice unit, and sounds a lot beter than you would expect a 34-year old amplifier to sound! You may wish to complement it with a Beomaster 1700 tuner which was originally sold alongside it. They come up on eBay from time to time and as long as you are patient you will be able to pick one of for very little money, maybe £10 plus postage, and they look really smart together.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)