in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2008 8:24 PM by jk1002. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2008 9:00 AM

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Rumor: Apple to offer iTunes Remote App?

see this link:

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/26/apple-to-offer-itunes-remote-control-app-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch/

• 06-27-2008 3:20 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: Rumor: Apple to offer iTunes Remote App?

I'm excited by it.
  • 06-27-2008 6:19 PM In reply to

yes ... i might get me an ipod touch then .... I know I know remote buddy ..... i do not want to fiddle with that though ...

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-28-2008 2:03 AM In reply to

Looking forward to iControl (which is what it's been called in the SDK package). I like using Remote Buddy, but any solution that is embedded in the OS is probably going to outperform that.

• 06-28-2008 8:16 AM In reply to

TWG:

see this link: http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/26/apple-to-offer-itunes-remote-control-app-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch/

Huh?

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/productivity_tools/remotebuddy.html 

• 06-28-2008 9:21 AM In reply to

In a setup involving Beoport or similar functioning Mac Software, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to re-introduce 2 way communication (via wifi) - and that would be very cool indeed...even compatibility with IR based 2 way communication is not an impossibility. As a fan of the system, particularly MCPs and the Beolink 7000 this would be a fabulous thing to get working.

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 06-28-2008 10:22 AM In reply to

• RobN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Thanks TWG, this is great news!

I converted my BeoPort to run on my Mac rather than a PC running XP and have never looked back. As I also have an iPhone this could be a great combo. Only one thought I assume you'll have to have the WiFi on the iPhone on all the time to make the remote function usable, I wonder what the battery life will be?

I'm looking forward to getting the new iPhone 2.0 AND iTunes 7.7 now... 

Best

Rob 

BV7-32, BL8000, BL2, BL6000, Humax, AppleTV3, MX4200, V8000, Humax, BS3200, BL6000, BL4000, BeoPort, MacMini+DACmagic 

• 07-01-2008 2:38 AM In reply to

i've given up on remote buddy , it's just so unreliable

i'm sitting 3 feet away from my mac pro and half the time it can't detect it

i'm sure apple will come up with something vastly more impressive - as usual 

popgear is grate™

• 07-01-2008 6:57 AM In reply to

Interesting, Flappo. I've never had any trouble with RB not being detected by the Touch - and I've actually even used it from my downstairs neighbour's flat on one occasion, controlling the media in my flat, when I was demonstrating it. (We could hear the music through the floor - ahem ...)

Are you using a Mac pro station? The wireless antenna on that is quite bad (the detachable, white plastic T antenna). Without that antenna it's even worse.

Sounds like your problem is unrelated to RB, and is due to a connection issue. 

As you, I'm looking forwards to the SDK solutions, I've already seen a few and think I'll have a hard time deciding which to go for. And I'm very curious about Apple's iControl.

• 07-01-2008 8:17 PM In reply to

>>Interesting, Flappo. I've never had any trouble with RB not being detected by the Touch <<

it probably is. I think the apple solution most likely wouldn't address that unless it is using blue tooth or something. 

This is actually why I avoid the Wifi solution. I had IR for a while but it had many little hick ups probably caused USB implementation on the early imacs that I gave up on it.

B&O all the way, except the Apple TV which I can run acceptable through Beo 4 and BV8.

I hope they get teh BS5 out before christmas 

• 07-03-2008 7:35 PM In reply to

Well I had a spare £200, and fancied a project, so I bought an 8GB iPod Touch ready to transform it into an all singing and dancing remote.  It looks fab with B&O gear...roll on the software and SDKs

I hope someone much cleverer than me works on an implementation for 2 way control, using IR for the older stuff, and via software on the computer for the music library etc.

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 07-04-2008 6:13 AM In reply to

Try this for two-way-control: http://www.sonos.com. In conjunction with ired and irtrans it works perfekt with B&O.
    Filed under:
  • 07-10-2008 3:21 PM In reply to

worth the wait !!!

http://gizmodo.com/5023755/first-itunes-remote-app-for-iphone-hands+on 

popgear is grate™

• 07-11-2008 4:13 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Wow, so we don't need anymore Beoport and have full 2 way remote control.

Apple shows how it MUST be done ...

• 07-11-2008 12:28 PM In reply to

Very pleased with Remote running on my iPhone 3G, can control different libraries (i.e. on different machines), and provides for multiplay control, can also control AppleTV -- you must choose whether it should control an ATV or a stand-alone Mac.

Same GUI as Signal and Remote Buddy, instant response, both to the touch-command and from the Mac mini - with tracks changing immediately, and with pause/play also responding immediately. Similarly, coverart is ported to the device very fast, faster than both Signal and RB.

Very pleased that Apple has now finally provided an app, and that it's free. It does not control peripherals, but I can see from the appstore that several remote solutions are up, including one called Control, if I remember correctly, which requires installation of the hardware control units.

• 07-20-2008 3:34 PM In reply to

• RobN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Wow it works really well!

I've got an original 2G 8Gb iPhone and have upgraded it to 2.0 software then downloaded the remote app.

It controls iTunes 7.7 perfectly so now combined with the BEO4 I can control net.music all over the house  :-)

It just gets better and better,

Rob 

BV7-32, BL8000, BL2, BL6000, Humax, AppleTV3, MX4200, V8000, Humax, BS3200, BL6000, BL4000, BeoPort, MacMini+DACmagic 

• 07-21-2008 8:24 PM In reply to

While I adore all things Apple, have a Macbook Air in transit with UPS as my PB G5 12" is dying I am not too keen to get the Iphone Remote.

I looked at the Touch. I would be only using it as a remote but for me it seems to be overloaded with functions.

If I could somehow auto launch the remote when I switch it on, it would be OK. But like this, it is overloaded and too fiddly.

Also, the point that Trip was making earlier is a good one. Your family will be really happy when you take your remote jogging, or to work, or somewhere else.

It's a nice gadget though ..... 

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)