in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-13-2008 12:41 PM by beo4life. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2008 8:13 AM

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

Beogram 3000 Packaging disaster

Despite pleading with the seller to package this 80s beogram well..... it arrived in a heap! The tone arm looks like it now needs viagara and the whole arm complex doesnt move. Im trying to get compensation but im not getting much response!! It came with an MMC4 but ive nothing to test it on.

Ive looked inside and the tone arm is derailed easily put back im sure but the arm doesnt move. The motor is good and turns the cogweel but the strings dont move as if the cogwheel isnt making contact. Question really is this a disaster or is it fixable? Why doesnt the cogwheel that the small belt attached to it turn the bigger string wheel?? I think whats most worrying is the limp tonearm thats been attacked by a flying platter!!

I love these beograms and would like to help it! If its not then is it for the bin and I start the paypal complaints procedure which is a pain.

thanks

andy 

• 07-11-2008 8:30 AM In reply to

• Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-27-2007
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beogram 3000 Packaging disaster

Hello!

I think I have the same model as you do.The small belt (arm) was broken on my deck which resulted in a non moving arm.The smaller motor and belt for the arm doesnt move all the time. I think that there is a sensor in the arm that when the angle becomes to wide it tells the smaller motor to move the arm forward. You can easily check if your arm motor is ok by pressing the fast forward or backward button on the player, this should aswell engage the arm motor. As I can see there are two possibilities if this test fails: there is something wrong with the arm sensor or the arm motor is dead and needs replacement.

• 07-11-2008 8:52 AM In reply to

andy,

i hope you have this resolved and that it is repairable, but...

i don't know where you are located, but should you not get it working, i'd be interested in talking w/ you.

if this ends up going to the "bin..." -i am looking for some bg3000 parts!

thx,

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-12-2008 3:12 PM In reply to

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

Hiunfortunately it is a right off. Fortunately a good ebayer who will refund ive sent back the stylus and tonearm. So tell me what parts do you need and ill do my best to help.

Regards

Andy 

• 07-13-2008 12:41 PM In reply to

If you buy a beogram 3000 or similar, always get the seller to take out the platter and put it under the record deck in the packaging.

The very first one i bought on ebay ended up with a snapped arm and broken stylus. The platter lifts out, so if the deck is turned upside down, it smashs everything to pieces. 

I never got any money back, but that deck has fixed at least another 4 as i've robbed it for bits. 

Regards Brett
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)