in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2008 10:56 AM by crankdoctor. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2008 3:32 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Redline question

Where can I get some replacement straps for a set of RL40's?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-26-2008 3:54 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Re: Redline question

I once saw a guy selling ones on ebay he had made from plastic.  I didn't think they looked that great.  If I was in your situation Craig, I think I'd just try to look for a strip of aluminum sheet metal in the correct width, and wrap them around yourself.  If you can't find it in the correct width then I'd try asking a local machine shop how much they'd charge to cut some sheet aluminum into strips of that width.  I wouldn't be surprised if it still ended up costing less than how much b&o would charge for replacements.  By the way, I'm assuming they're no longer available from b&o, but have you already checked to make sure?

Austin 

-Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 06-26-2008 3:54 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I got some from a guy who advertised on the old site. Unfortunately I can't remember his name and have lost his contact details - soz mateSad

BTW what on earth are RL40's?Stick out tongue

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-27-2008 3:04 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

I got some from a guy who advertised on the old site. Unfortunately I can't remember his name and have lost his contact details - soz mateSad

BTW what on earth are RL40's?Stick out tongue

Chris.

Parts for RL40's are particularly difficult to come byWink but the strips (used to) often crop up on ebay although I haven't seen any for a while.

To be honest I think it was just polypropylene packing strap which seems a good alternative to the original. If you're feeling avantgarde (and to confirm your RL40's are truly unique) you could even use a differnet colour!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-27-2008 4:12 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

I once used some gift wrapping ribbon and it looked great. I chose silver but reversed it so the matt underside showed.

SteveYes -  thumbs up

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 06-27-2008 4:18 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Stonk:

I once used some gift wrapping ribbon and it looked great. I chose silver but reversed it so the matt underside showed.

SteveYes -  thumbs up

Great idea, that would look alot like the original plastic ribbon, although thinner, but that will only show on closer inspection.

br

Chr

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 06-27-2008 11:58 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I used ribbon also. The plastic ones on my RL60s snapped many years ago and I found some ribbon the same colour and width. Easy to wrap around the speaker body and to the eye perfect!
  • 06-27-2008 1:52 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think its time to experiment. If I do find something that looks good, that has not aleady been suggested. You will be the first to know.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-27-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

Hi!

I have some spares for RL60. Maybe they can be cut down and refitted for the size of RL40?

PM if you or anyone are interested in buying.

/Ola 

• 06-28-2008 6:30 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

B&Ola:

Hi!

I have some spares for RL60. Maybe they can be cut down and refitted for the size of RL40?

PM if you or anyone are interested in buying.

/Ola 

Thank you Ola for the offer, but I have just found out that the ABR's have foam rot. So I have decided to put them on the for sale forum as spares or repairs. Going to concentrate on fixing the pair of 60's I have. Which have all the straps in place.

CraigSmile

• 10-26-2008 10:51 AM In reply to

Hi, If you can send me the original logo peice i can make the straps. They will look 95% original, Logo will be slightly raised. I am going to do all of mine with brushed aluminum with red rl when i recover, Not stock but i think it looks a lot better than stock. I put the staps on half ass just to see, And they looked robust unlike the plastic. People buy new cars and change the rims to make them look better so what the heck! Anyway let me know.

Crank,

• 10-26-2008 10:56 AM In reply to

Hi do you still have the straps for sale, I have a pair that im selling and need them.

Thanks!

Crank,

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)