in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2007 4:17 PM by gorissek. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2007 6:53 AM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

comments on beosound 1 and beocom 4

hello all, i have tried these in B&O dealer.

The result is I have given up beosound 1 at this moment. Since it is better than beosound 3, but it is worse than beolab 4. Most important is that it has too much bass, or the high is not clear enough, and its sound is not stereo enough

for beocom 4, finally i have bought it, although it is not very surprised, but it is just an art. the sound is slightly better than others. But it is not "made in denmark", my god!!!!!

Filed under: ,
  • 05-09-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: comments on beosound 1 and beocom 4

I am struggling to understand what you are trying to say. What are you driving at mate?

Beosound 1? Beolab 4? I haven't heard the Beolab 4's or the Beosound 3 but i liked the sound of the BeoSound 1... for it's size. I like it how it's design of the black one on a floorstand reminds me of a music stand. 

Surprised about the beocom 4 what?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-09-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

• 05-09-2007 10:48 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well, haha, actually the comparison is unfair.

I should not compare a all-in-one system with speakers which is at the same price level.
  • 05-09-2007 10:53 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Beo:
    The result is I have given up beosound 1 at this moment. Since it is better than beosound 3, but it is worse than beolab 4. Most important is that it has too much bass, or the high is not clear enough, and its sound is not stereo enough

this sounds quite strange to me. did you try/check to change the sound settings (bass/ trebble)?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-09-2007 12:21 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

This thread does NOT make sense.

• 05-09-2007 1:30 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 1 = £950 for the entire system in one box BeoLab 4s = £900 for just the speakers & amps, no CD player or radio, plus larger boxes to play with. Not really a very fair comparison..

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-09-2007 1:44 PM In reply to

He posted another thread asking about buying these items - I think he is reporting back which is welcome. I agree that the Beocom 4 does have a very nice sound - where is yours made? Early ones seemed to come from Denmark. I think some remarks about the BS1 is fair as it does not produce a very good stereo effect - but this is of course understandable due to its size. But its role as a movable  speaker is a valid one.
  • 05-09-2007 11:38 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

thank you peter for explaining for me.

well, i just meant after I tried beolab 4, I am not satisfied with beosound 1's sound. I know the comparison is not fair, but human needs is unlimited, right? Smile But I am sure... beosound 1 is a great machine. It includes everything we want for a basic machine. It is still temptating me.

also, for beocom 4, well, it is no more "denmark made", it is now made in Czech, well, but it does not matter... i still love it.

so my future possible purchase is beosound 1 and Serene.

• 06-05-2007 4:17 PM In reply to

Funny, i have always assumed that BeoSound 1 is far better than BeoLab 4's? Is that really so?
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)