in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-25-2008 3:19 PM by Jandyt. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-25-2008 8:08 AM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

New MD for B&O UK

News in that Derek Mottershead, Managing Director of B&O Region West (UK & Benelux) has decided to leave the company.

After taking his position in 1994, Derek took Bang & Olufsen through unprecedented growth averaging 14.5% per annum - making the UK market the largest in the world, and implemented several key systems that enabled the B1 franchise to become so successful.  We wish Derek all the very best in his future, and thank him for all he has done for the brand in his time with the company.

His successor is to be Lars Flyvholm, who has been with Bang & Olufsen since 1991. He started out as junior clerk, and except for the period 1993-1995 he has been with the company ever since. He was a part of the team which back in the 1990’s built up Expansion Markets. Later on Lars was successfully leading Bang & Olufsen’s introduction in South America, before he in 2000 took over as Managing Director of Bang & Olufsen Asia based in Singapore.

Three years later he moved from Singapore to the USA to become Regional Sales Director on the West Coast. Since the summer of 2004 Lars has worked in headquarters, heading up the Product and Business Management team. An experienced man, who i am told is pefect for the job and is highly respected by all around him.

Tough times for Lars to enter into, and we wish him every success in his new post. I don't envy anyone taking the wheel of the ship at the start of a recession, and hopefully people will judge him fairly and not expect too much too quickly..

So - all the best to Derek, and congratulations to Lars from all at BeoWorld

The BeoWorld Team

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-25-2008 9:32 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: New MD for B&O UK

Thanks for that 9Lee, I can only wish him good luck and success!
  • 06-25-2008 10:14 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Well, I hope under the new MD their PR department starts replying to my (press-based) queries and issues. I've sent an email to B&O UK PR and B&O HQ PR, without a reply or even an acknowledgement.

If they deem press queries not worthy of reply - and I don't know of a single company that fails to reply to the press - then they are either seriously arrogant or ignorant.

• 06-25-2008 2:25 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I've never had any issues with B&O UK, and can't comment on Denmark as i've never tried them.

Perhaps your email to UK didn't get through - i will PM you to ask which address it was sent to - there's always a chance you could have an old email address or it's still bouncing around in cyberspace waiting to deliver itself in August 2012 to an unsuspecting florist in North Wales.. 

I do know that Lars Flyvholm is very hot on communication, so if there were any issues relating to this, i am sure he will be on them as a matter of priority.

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-25-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice Lee, received your PM.
  • 06-25-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I too would like to wish Lars all the best!
    It will be nice to share anecdotes on December 13thWink

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)