in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2008 12:25 PM by anampersand. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2008 1:18 PM

Beosound Century: Wall Bracket OR Table Stand?

Hello all!

I recently acquired a MINT Beosound Century for $100, (even though I am next to broke and preparing for a move out of state).

However, it came with neither table stand nor wall bracket and currently sort of precariously balances and leans near the wall at the moment (which is a state I'd prefer not to use it in!)

My question to all of you is, does anybody have an extra bracket OR table stand they'd be SO gracious to pass along this way?  With my moving expenses and what-not, I feel rather silly spending another $100 (USD) for a stand from STB, esp. since that's what I paid for the system itself, and plus I just can't afford it probably for a few months!

So if anybody has one just a-lyin' around & wouldn't mind shipping it to the States, I'd be MORE than happy to pay for post and shipping fees, and you'd have one eternally grateful Beoworld member who will be able to enjoy his new system as soon as he can!

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Best,

Aaron

• 06-23-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound Century: Wall Bracket OR Table Stand?

Hi Aaron,

Congratulations on your bargain of a buy! If you are unable to pick up a stand somewhere for nothing, I would suggest keeping an eye on eBay as Century floor stands do appear quite regularly. Take a look through the for sale and wanted forums on BeoWorld too.

• 06-23-2008 4:39 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Aaron, good luck with your search, but with regard to a wall bracket, surely it cannot be beyond your ability to make one or find a bracket of some kind which you can adapt? I'm not saying it would necessarily be to B&O specification, but in your position, I would just get on with it!

As for a stand, if you prefer this type of support, then many companies make speaker stands which I'm sure could be adapted and would look great.

Surely it's a better alternative than just leaning it against the wall and hoping something will turn up?

Smile 

• 06-23-2008 7:17 PM In reply to

Smile Well I had a similar situation, so...until I could afford a table stand, I used 2 thin panel finishing nails (at an upward angle) into my plaster wall.  There are two  very small rectangles on the upper back of the unit that you use to measure the width between the nails.  I then used little silicone nubs on the back four corners to help with any vibrations.

It stayed there a year before I got a stand!

Guy 

• 06-24-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I think I'll attempt the last of the three solutions, as I'm not entirely handy at fashioning impromptu brackets and what not.  So long as the nails will hold, I think that sounds reasonable.  I might even revisit my love for Hercules Hooks (which I have been chided for before--but they've held some fantastically heavy things in my apartment perfectly fine--of course the drywall is thick, and I'm sure that helps...)

The silicone nubs are a great idea, too!  Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)