in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2008 8:16 AM by Peter. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2008 7:07 AM

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

beocenter 9500 & enabled house

hi there,

i've recently moved into a house with a fully functional beocenter 9500 (in great condition) and speakers all throughout the house connected to the beocenter 9500.  i notice in all the bedrooms are additional jacks that look like they can provide coaxial information (cable tv).  where can i find more information about the different connectors that the beocenter 9500 supports.  i've also found that in all the rooms where the speakers are, there are little panels that the leads connect to which then in turn are connected to the speakers.  they have a mute button on the face and appear to be able to accept IR (maybe from the huge 5kg remote) but they don't work.

any insight or pointers would be greatly appreciated.  i can post some pictures later if anyone could help me decipher and understand how to utilize these better!

Thanks in advace

-sd

--
    Filed under:
  • 06-19-2008 7:26 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Re: beocenter 9500 & enabled house

Hi sdolgy,

Welcome to BeoWorld.

Congratulations on your new house, great that a Beolink-system is already installed !
    The panels in the Link-rooms, are they very flat and have 3 circular sockets on the top ?  

You mentioned the coax-sockets, my guess is that your Beolink-system is for audio and video-distribution
    (a Beovision would be required to distribute video as well)  

The other components (with the mute-button) probably are transceivers,
    which let's your remote communicate with / you can control the system in the main-room.

Which remote are you referring to, Beolink 7000 ?  

The fact that components in Link-rooms don't work could be a setup / configuration-issue,
    or power-supply (f.e. a MCL2AV-unit is powered by a 14,5 Volt power-adapter,
    and the connector disconnects rather easily) 

If you could give a complete overview of the components,
    we can give you a check-list of the recommended setup.  

More information about Beocenter 9500 

Greetings,  

• 06-19-2008 7:39 AM In reply to

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Actually, there aren't really panels in each room, just two cables that come in together.  I'll have to take a photo later and post it.  The photo you've posted of the component with mute button is exactly what I have. 

The remote control is the first one on the left in the photo you've posted. 

Beolink 1000

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=695

I have three.  They all work to turn on the unit but only if they have line of site to the 9500.  

-sd

--
  • 06-19-2008 7:50 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Hi,

Regarding the transceiver (mute button) in the Link/rooms,
    as they will function only when connected to a MCL-panel,
    this could indicate that the previous owner preferred a hidden setup where the panels are built into a wall f.e.
    Maybe you could have a look to see where the transceiver-cable is connected to.  

Or are the speakers in link-rooms built-into the walls ?

The cables in the rooms, do they have a Powerlink-plug ?
    (circular 8-pin DIN plug) 
    If so, that would mean that previously there were active (Beolab) speakers connected.  

Regarding the remote on the left, that is a Beolink 1000, very robust and easy to use.
    They should normally function in every direction, no line of site necessary.
    My guess is that the batteries are almost flat.  

Perhaps you can take pictures of the setup so that we can give more detailed advice.

Lovely system, the Beocenter 9500 is one of B&O´s all-time-favourites / classics.

Smile 

• 06-19-2008 11:25 AM In reply to

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

• 06-19-2008 1:02 PM In reply to

Looking at the back of the 9500, the MCL plugs appear to be in the wrong sockets.The one with the yellow , grey and white wires should be in Speaker 2 Left, and the brown , green and pink wired plug should be in Speaker 2 Right. At present they both appear to be in the left channel and the brown green and pink one is in the Speaker 1 output. Put it in the right output for speaker 2 and it should supply power to the extra boxes and the whole thing should work. I would suggest turning the power off to the 9500 whilst you do this.
  • 06-19-2008 1:13 PM In reply to

Looking at your other cables, the master bedroom clearly had a TV in it and I would suggest that this was the master as you have an aerial in  and an aerial out. The 7 pin DIN plug is to attach it to the 9500 - there should be a similar plug in the sitting room - it may be plugged into the Aux socket of the 9500. A Beovision MX7000 or LX6000 would be an obvious set to use with this though it would be possible to use a newer set with a Beolink converter. The tangle in the main room looks frightening! Laughing
  • 06-20-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

tangle in the main room is art.  ;)  thanks again for the replies.  i'll try moving the cables around tonight in the 9500 and see what happens.  the main room, if i plug in that cable into the aerial in, this would in theory provide the signal to the master bedroom?
    --
  • 06-20-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

It might be! Or it might be an output from the TV in the bedroom. However nothing to lose! Laughing
  • 06-21-2008 4:58 AM In reply to

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

hi, i see 4 inputs on the back.  none are labelled.  what is for what? 
    --
  • 06-21-2008 6:08 AM In reply to

The diagram below should help you

Regards Keith....

• 06-22-2008 5:50 AM In reply to

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

ok, i plugged everything into right & left as you suggested.  the remotes still dont work in other rooms where the other speakers and tranceivers are.  any suggestions would be welcome.
    --
  • 06-22-2008 6:06 AM In reply to

You did plug them into the MCL sockets? See the diagram above. Do the red lights come up on the transceivers (there should be two red LEDs that shine through the plastic.) This indicates that the power is getting to the MCL system .
  • 06-23-2008 4:26 AM In reply to

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

hiya, i plugged the two cables into speaker 2 left & right as suggested.  these cables should go into the MCL instead?  i'll try that tonight when i get home.  no LED's are visible on the front panels
    --
  • 06-23-2008 2:43 PM In reply to

Very important that they go in the correct sockets as one of the extra pins is a power supply.
  • 06-24-2008 6:54 AM In reply to

• sdolgy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-19-2008
    • Montreux, Switzerland
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

hiya, i moved the cables over to the first two inputs and it all works nicely now.  i can mute / turn on / turn off speakers where the two tranceivers are.  works a treat now.  thanks for the help!
    --
  • 06-24-2008 8:16 AM In reply to

Very pleased! I hope you enjoy this wonderful system for many years.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)