in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2007 7:28 AM by Beonut. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2007 3:54 AM

beovision 9 + panasonic blue ray DMP BD 10...?

Hello,

have somebody information about this combination.

I have heard that the panasonic dvd/blue ray player have full control about the beo 4.

- is this right and is it realy such a big different to look a blue ra film...

Thanks for your help...

• 05-09-2007 1:41 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: beovision 9 + panasonic blue ray DMP BD 10...?

I believe that at a cost, you can request to have a device added to the BeoSystem 3's controller list, but I may be wrong. What Blu-Ray WILL give you over normal DVDs is better definition and a HUGE increase in 'depth' on the image, it feels much more 3D. I haven't seen HD DVD yet, but I have seen other HD sources such as SkyHD and even stuff I've downloaded (Saving Private Ryan in HD), and I can tell you that Blu-Ray always seems to make things look a little 'grainy'.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-09-2007 9:17 PM In reply to

I do believe the Panasonic blu-ray is Beo4 supported, according to my local (USA) dealer.

I know for sure the Samsung BD-P1200 is supported-- just ordered one thru my dealer as part of a home theater set-up. 

• 05-10-2007 6:41 AM In reply to

Alex:
    I believe that at a cost, you can request to have a device added to the BeoSystem 3's controller list, but I may be wrong. What Blu-Ray WILL give you over normal DVDs is better definition and a HUGE increase in 'depth' on the image, it feels much more 3D. I haven't seen HD DVD yet, but I have seen other HD sources such as SkyHD and even stuff I've downloaded (Saving Private Ryan in HD), and I can tell you that Blu-Ray always seems to make things look a little 'grainy'.

In theory there shouldn't be a difference between Blu-ray and HD DVD at all as they should both produce the same resolution video as each other. The only difference is in the actual media itself ie the disc itself. There is a difference in the depth below the surface layer on which the information is stored. There should be no difference in picture quality at all. Any differences will depend on what is playing them and not on the media themselves. You can't really compare the two formats unless you have a blu-ray dvd player and hd dvd player side by side connected to the same tv. Any differences still present will be down to the speed of the players at accessing the media and processing it and not the fact that there are 2 different discs. The data recorded should be identical as it is recorded digitally.

• 05-10-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Bluray gives noticeably better sound than dvd as most discs come with an uncompressed multi channel pcm track which is way better than dd 5.1. The BS3 / BV9 deals with this sound track very nicely too.

Cheers

Peter

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
  • 05-10-2007 2:09 PM In reply to

Cool, Bluray has pcm instead of DD5.1 sounds good already and haven't even heard blu-ray!!.

Come on B&O where is that bluray/HD dvd player !!! 

hmmm avatar taking a long time to upload!!

• 05-10-2007 3:36 PM In reply to

@Beonu

Hello again, you are sure that the BS3/BV9 support pcm from a blue ray disk....? I have nothnig found about pcm for the BS3/BV9...?

But it would be really great... 

• 05-11-2007 7:28 AM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

BS3 definitely does, I have a BS3 and a Sony Playstation 3. When I play a bluray movie on the playstation selecting the PCM sound track, on the BS3 in the sounds menu it tells me my sound source is multichannel PCM. If I switch the playstation track to dolby digital 5.1 the BS3 plays the dolby digital track as expected. But the main difference is in what you actually hear when the PCM track is playing, it is way better than dolby digital 5.1.

Cheers

Peter 

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)