in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-18-2008 11:52 AM by apearce. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2008 6:20 AM

B&O Speakers with non-B&O receiver???

Hi All,

From looking through the forums, it seems this has been touched on but possibly never covered completely.

I've begun purchasing B&O speakers for a home cinema setup, I would like to end up with the following speakers:

BL9's - Front, BL3's - Rear Surround & another pair for Surround, BL2 - Sub, BL7-Vertical for centre.

Is it at all possible to hook these speakers up to a non-B&O receiver, such as an Onkyo or Denon ??

I know, i should be going for a BS3 however i'd like to know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Ash.

Beosystem 3, Beosound 4, Beolab 9, Beolab 3, Beolab 8000

• 06-18-2008 6:57 AM In reply to

Re: B&O Speakers with non-B&O receiver???

All of the speakers you refer to are active and have the amplification built in, which means that you wouldn't want to connect to the receivers amplified output,  so it would be helpful to know a little bit more about the kind of set-up you are looking for as I am not really sure what you are looking for the receiver to do for you. Do you have a B&O TV?

Simon

• 06-18-2008 7:02 AM In reply to

Sorry, i should have been a bit more clear.

I currently have a Sony LCD, which is only 6 months old so i'm not looking to get rid of it anytime soon.

I currently have my SkyHD, Mac-Mini, PS3 and Wii connected into the receiver for audio only, i run the other devices directly into my Sony LCD (and also though a HDMI splitter). 

I'm looking to use a receiver to take in all the audio (HDMI from PS3 & SkyHD), support DTS-HD etc and then push out to the B&O speakers.

• 06-18-2008 7:04 AM In reply to

Also to clarify, where devices don't have HDMI, i direct connect to the LCD and then optical into the receiver. Those with HDMI, i connect into the receiver and then use the monitor back to the LCD.

• 06-18-2008 8:13 AM In reply to

• mhw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 207
    • Gold Member

The receiver needs to have pre-out, then it will work fineSmile
  • 06-18-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

Can someone recommend a decent receiver with pre-amp for this purpose, also is it possible to go over how it's all wired up?

Thanks for your help!

• 06-18-2008 9:19 AM In reply to

Bang & Olufsen makes one called BeoSystem 3. Wiring couldn't be simpler!  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-18-2008 10:09 AM In reply to

Sarcasm....love it ;-) hehe

It's looking like that is the easiest solution....

Can someone confirm that the BS3 now supports DTS-HD?? My local B&O store seems to think it's supported now from an upgrade....

• 06-18-2008 11:45 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I used a Pioneer Elite VSX TXH94 with a similar type set up.  It worked just fine.  However,  I would recommend the BS3.  The Pioneer only lasted in my home for about 3 months before I went for BS3.  The Pioneer will work though.  I am not sure about the Onkyo and Denon. 

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 06-18-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

Ok, thanks everyone for their thoughts, best make a plan for the BS3.

I'm still keen to hear if anyone knows of the BS3 supporting DTS-HD/True-HD etc

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)