in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2008 9:10 AM by mor. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2008 1:32 PM

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Datalink Wiring Question

Since in our kitchen a wrong cable has been put into the wall I have to do with less than the required 7 wires. Now looking at the specification I noticed that two wires I will definately not need for my Beolink Video: 

The sound FROM the TV to the Beocenter. Does anyone know whether this pair is called OUTPUT or INPUT in the Masterlink Handbook?

And second question is: What would happen if I only use one ground for both signal ground and data ground?

Hopefully someone knows the answers to these questions! 

• 06-16-2008 3:47 AM In reply to

Re: Datalink Wiring Question

Mor,

I am not clear what you are connecting to what. In your title you talk about "Datalink" which does use 7 wires, but then you talk about the "Masterlink handbook" and subsequently talk about only using one ground.

So, could you please state which Beovision you are trying to connect to which Beocentre

Regards Keith....

• 06-16-2008 9:10 AM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Re: Datalink Wiring Question

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your reply.

OK - here's the story: the electrician did not call me when he ran out of masterlink - but used a powerlink cable (4 wires) instead for the kitchen. (Needless to say I found out about that when all flooring was laid and walls were done)

Now that's bad - but since I only want to have an MX in the kitchen, I have to live with it somehow. My idea was to put the Beolink Video where Masterlink ends and Powerlink starts and use the Powerlink as Datalink substitue. To achieve this I have to make up for the missing wires:

I want to drop the sound from the MX to the Beolink Video (to my knowledge a Datalink option only for the two-way converters) and will have to combine the two grounds. Has anyone done this before?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)